Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/17/2003 3:08:57 PM EDT

Phonenix is out. This is bullshit.

I say all of us drive down to the governors office tomorrow. And demand this get's fixed ASAP. Also for the gas stations to give out free gas to everyone for a week. We have been hosed on this long enough.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:35:15 PM EDT
... Well that's f*cked up. I haven't bought a gallon of gas in three months. I'll need to when I get home Friday. This whole mess sounds like BS to me.

... I'd second the idea of getting Janet off her wide ass on this, tempered with the suggestion that if you're gonna drive; carpool.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:29:26 PM EDT
It took a while to find some stations that had gas I live in Chandler. The price was $1.849 a gallon, I filled the wife's car and my truck. I kept the receipts in case thier is some kind of gouging issue.
Later,
Gavino
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:49:30 PM EDT
What's with the gas hike?It moved up about 20-30 cents in a week.Is this a nation-wide thing?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:01:29 PM EDT
My impression from listening to some of these talking heads and spokesjerkoff's is that it's not a question of them not being able to fix the pipeline right now, It's a question of them fighting through the bureaucratic, environmental and political red tape, so they can be allowed to fix the pipe line.

They are not coming right out and saying it, but that's what I hear when I listen to them.

If I'm right, we should hear all about it within a few weeks after the gas starts flowing again.

BTW,
Price is up only about 5-6 cents here.
We must get our supply from another source.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:35:28 PM EDT
Whats with all the fuel in the tank farms dowm off 51st Ave.Heck theres enough gas there to last Phx a week.All that comes in from CA.West valley has cops posted at every station that has gas.Cars are lining up kinda like back in the 70's.

We should flood the Gov's office with calls and emails too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:36:40 PM EDT
i had to pay $2.08 a gallon for Super high grade stuff last nite (for a car that really doesn't need anything but 87)....i got 5 gallons before the pump shut down (this after about 25 minutes of waiting).
at least 8 other stations were out. today i saw 1/2 mile lines for the 2 stations that still had any....
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:00:23 PM EDT
Altho 2/3rds of the stations were closed down in my part of Mesa, I had no probs getting gas 1.83 at Am/Pm Mesa Dr. and Southern.

Also Mesa Dr. and Baseline had some too...

regular only.

D.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:06:56 PM EDT
Shure is great to own a Diesel right now!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 9:24:15 PM EDT
Got a full tank, but with a 455 V8, it won't last too long.

I predict this will be milked as long as possible, then you'll see high prices til at least november.. Gotta cover those repair costs, and overtime, uh huh..

Don't expect the Az Corporation Commision to do much more than "investigate".

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 9:36:42 PM EDT
Damn. The wife was smart enough to fill up while out running some errands. Working around the house all day I didn't even think about it. I have half a tank. Shoulda bought that alterantive fuel vehicle while I could. !0: PM No gas within 5 miles of my house. Chandler Blvd & Rural.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:04:21 PM EDT
There is one station out of about ten in my area, 101 + Frank Loyd Wright. The one that has gas has a mile long line. I have a little under 3/4 of a tank. I drive a truck with a 400 small block, it should last about 3 more days. I only have to work mon and tues this week then I get my weekend. I hope we get gas before friday or it looks like I get an extended weekend.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:04:40 PM EDT
News said the pipeline is fixed..Now, they have to wait a week to 14 days to get it approved to pump. Meanwhile, gas is being trucked in from somewhere else and our wonderful lesbian liberal is in Indiana (No pun intended...Get it? In-Diana..hahah) She REALLY is out there!

I saw on the news a guy cut in line and when someone said something to him he got out a baseball bat...uh oh..That would be a Bozo no-no! And for some reason, the pumps were only pumping at about 1 gallon per minute..
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 1:41:20 AM EDT
Ok, I have an update. As of 02:40 local, the Mobil on 91ST and Frank Loyd Wright has gas of all flavors. They got about 5k gallons at around 23:30. Dont know how much is there now but there are no lines and the gas is 1.95/gal for the cheap stuff. I just topped off the 40gal in the Chevy, I should be good for 7 days.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 2:53:08 AM EDT
... Gas shortage? Janet says "there's no shortage"

www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0818gasshortage18.html
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:25:02 AM EDT
I can get to Circle K and then to work only one more time and then I am out! Not lookin' good!!! Luckily my roomie and I are on the same whift...whew!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:14:26 AM EDT
"Janet says "there's no shortage""

Uh huh.. And she was where during this whole mess? Maybe she'll run out of gas in South Phoenix. She sure was speedy in getting the Squaw Peak expressway renamed.. Where's that speed now?

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:05:38 PM EDT
SHIT!!!....HAD TO STAY HOME TODAY...NO GAS...

IM AN INPORTANT GOV-MINT EMPLOOYEE.....LOL

BOSS IS HAVING FITS!!!..WIFE'S GOT 1/4 TANK

AND NEEDS THAT!!....MAY HAVE TO STAY HOME TUES.

DAMN.....LIVE OFF DYNAMITE& i-17....HATE TO

USE GAS TO LOOK FOR GAS???....
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:00:30 PM EDT
Listening to work radio, at this time local PD said in about 2 hours last gas station will close due to lack of gas.
Thanks to my SHTF understanding wife, all four vehicles are topped off.
She even came out to my job site and picked up mine to fill up.
Now, as long as the beer holds out, we are good to go!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:20:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Listening to work radio, at this time local PD said in about 2 hours last gas station will close due to lack of gas.
Thanks to my SHTF understanding wife, all four vehicles are topped off.
She even came out to my job site and picked up mine to fill up.
Now, as long as the beer holds out, we are good to go!

Sounds like you have one cool ol Lady dude... a keeper for sure...
--RR
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:31:08 PM EDT
Sometimes it's pretty neat to live 300 yds from a refinery.

BTW, what happened to your pipe? Those crazy Greenie Terrorists hit it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:33:10 PM EDT
I filled my tank a night and a half ago with no wait. Damn fill came to $38.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:40:15 PM EDT
It's all the tank topping off jack offs that are compounding the problem.

I'm waiting tell thursday. If its still bad then, I'm staying home, holmes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:41:27 PM EDT
Stupid effing &^*&^*&^)(_)(*)*(&.

I got back froim vacation on Friday. Drove home happy as a clam. Didn't go many places on the weekend. Now I find out we have a gas shortage? Can't find it.

This sucks. Tomnorrow I will need to make a concerted effort to get at least on of our cars filled. What a pain in the ass.

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:48:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... Gas shortage? Janet says "there's no shortage"

She meant that there's no shortage of butt ugly bull dykes in the governor's office!

I can't believe you hit that, Man!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:51:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:09:54 PM EDT
Got gas here......
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:13:30 AM EDT
Luckily I filled up the truck the day that thing broke...I put 40 miles on it...I can go about another 180 miles...and then I am stealing it if it is still out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 4:12:58 AM EDT
Hit the Chevron (recker and brown) on the way back from Scottsdale at about 2am this morning. No lines, kinda nice. First open gas station I could find all the way from Scottsdale and Shay (had 1/2 tank left). Texaco about McKellips and Country club had a line wrapped around the block... and tanker was just pulling in.

Gold Canyon Texaco has premium only, $2.49 gallon.

This morning is going to be a real bitch in the valley.

Meanwhile, I think our governor may be too busy running after ugly women to act on it. What a fucking piece of shit, but we all already knew that.

Maybe I'll start a job driving people's cars to gas stations at 2am for $20 bucks plus gas?

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:22:41 AM EDT
I just realized something. With the gas prices the way they are. and my Airframe & Powerplant Liscence, I should just grab the jerrycans labelled "100LL ONLY" and hit Cutter Aviation, or another FBO..

"Yeah, had some jackass do an off field landing near that old Luke auxillary six.. Yeah, Mogas STC and all.. Just gimme ten gallons in the cans, so I can fuel him up.."

Bet the 455 would run just dandy on high octane..

There is no shortage, of course..Just a transportation problem.. *LAUGHS*

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:32:58 AM EDT
I finally got gas at the station on Chandler Blvd & 56th St.(NW corner) at 12:12 AM. Waited 45 min. I pulled in while the tanker was pulling out so I was sure to get gas. I think I trade my car in on that deisel truck I want! And bolt a propane tank in the bed. Can a deisel run on propane?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:31:40 AM EDT
8:38 am, Circle K @ 12th ave. Hatcher. $1.89/gal. About a 20 minute wait. No riots/attitudes. Life is getting better.
AB
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 11:50:09 AM EDT
Can a deisel run on propane?

Hell yeah!! Thats like nitrous to a diesel! Perfect match!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2003 12:08:53 PM EDT by Redbone]

Originally Posted By AZGunnut:

A diesel can run on grease with an inexpensive kit. www.greasel.com
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:06:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2003 3:06:54 PM EDT by SANGUINE]

Originally Posted By AZGunnut:

Hell yeah!! Thats like nitrous to a diesel! Perfect match!

That it then! My next vehicle will be a deisel truck.

I'm think'in Ford F350, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Dually! [timallem] AarrhgE [/timallen]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:48:38 PM EDT
Got lots-o-gas in Casa Grande...Very little, if any wait. No stations closed..Some have all flavors. We don't need the "special" gas you guys north need...Janet called it "The Phoenix Blend".. I saw it as low as $1.66 up to $1.99/gal...The AM/PM off of 194 has it for $1.68 as of this afternoon, but they only have regular...Drive into town a bit to get the good stuff...
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:18:13 PM EDT
I heard that you Casa grandians were living large. Time for a C.G. shoot/gas haul!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:31:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
Got gas here......

Sorry to hear that man, maybe try some of that Bean-o that might just do the trick...
Top Top