BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
How many Tannerite targets you need?
I just got a case, and will sacrifice some of it in the name of science (and PR).
Maybe we can talk her into "popping" one, and convert another to the dark side.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How many Tannerite targets you need?
I just got a case, and will sacrifice some of it in the name of science (and PR).
Maybe we can talk her into "popping" one, and convert another to the dark side.

I'm guessing we'll need about five, wouldn't hurt to have a couple extra just in case.

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
 Jeff can just pop the supressor off of the short barreled fifty...that will give a "max decible" level for that gun and should cover just about any shoulder fired arm I can think of...well...that's legal to own anyway....

See you guys on SAT morning!!!  I already have myslef on the early bird schedule.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm coming.

I'm one of the fat guys that gets there early and gets a bench.

I'm also bringing steel to shoot again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Everyone have fun! I'll be up by Flagstaff this weekend looking for our spot for the shoot next month.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like I'm out. My son who's at the Lute Olson hoop camp turned into a star for his team. So, dad has to be there for the all star game. I knew the kid was good, just not that good. He was supposed to come home today, but since he made the "team" he needs us to chear him on. The kid is so hoop crazy he called me after I went to bed last night because he had to get the NBA draft results. And he's only 11. Lord help me! I'll see you all in Flag, that is if they don't start drafting elementry school kids, I'm sure that's coming seeing as they get them to commit from high school.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, Steve, for another terriffic shoot.  I had a helluva good time.

Next time, bring more clay pigeons!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, another fun ARFCOM shoot.  It was great to meet a founding AR15.com person....JLA, thanks for showing up and coming to dinner with us.  We all hope you love AZ as much as we do....oh, don't sweat the heat, you'll get used to it.

As always it was great seeing familiar faces like KBaker, AZCOP and family ( I am sooo sorry I am such an ass, Jay....) , Steve and his very nice girlfriend, SinastraRifleman ( dude, your shotgun ROCKS!!!) and Treetop and EVERYONE ELSE.  I also got to meet, of course, JLA and the MacCallan ( LOVE your FAL ) and a few other folks I hadn't met before...great time.

We shot till around eleven and had quite a bit of fun with the Parks and Recreations folks who were WONDERFUL...a very nice, professional and patient bunch.  We would love to add them to the group if they ever wish to attend our events again they are very welcome.  I wish more of the folks in our local goverments and their corresponding departments were so open minded and downright nice people.

and LAST...but NOT least.....AzRedneck......I missssssed YOU!!!!!!  Are you avoiding me???  Have I put on too much weight?????  I was all the lonlier for you not being there.  Sniff.

Steve_ ummmmm...I accidently stole the official AR15.com broom....so feel free to the next time we get together.

GREAT TIME, GUYS !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#10]
DesertMoon,

IM sent.
Your behavior was perfectly acceptable:
Period.
Don't explain: Don't bring it up again.

Lots of fun:
Looking forward to doing it again.

Next time, while we are taking donations for the "Tupperware Toilet", we need to take donations to start a maintenance fund for Desertmoon's Jeep.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to everyone involved in putting this together! Sorry I rolled in so late, but it was good to get out and finally meet some of you guys. It was fun, and I'm looking forward to more regular shoots now that I live in a kick ass Hillary-Free state

Like TreeTop said, EdSr should be out here for a few days in early September, so maybe we can set up some kind of get-together for then...

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Definately a great group to shoot with!

Desertmoon, you must have got home w/o too many problems...I took the "scenic route" home and ended-up having to park on the side of the road for 2 minutes while one of the BIGGEST (300 yards across) dust devils I have ever seen churned across the road...Dayum, that was cool!

Steve, thanks for setting up the shoot! I'm waiting patiently for the next one!

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I missed it.  Too early for me and I just got back from U of A orientation the day before.  Plus, I need a better blasting gun just for events like this, instead of a scoped varminter.  That's why I'm saving for an SAR-1..........
Though I did come in the late afternoon/dusk to test some of my reloads and pick up some free brass from you fellas .  Too bad it looks like half of you were shooting Wolf

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Yes indeed another fine AZ Shoot!

Thanks again Steve for arranging it. Great job.

Good to meet more folks there too. Thanks desertmoon for the tips on the FAL - and I think I'm finding out what kind of mystery ammo that REALLY was: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=163888&page=1

And thanks to DevilsAdvocate and SinistralRifleman for letting me try some of your stuff.  
Definitely had a good time (but I was HOT this time!)
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#16]
A few pic's from the shoot:

Some of the usual suspects:

30.06 ratteling the roof:

Another youth struck down by black rifle fever:

Down the line:

And Cory from Adrenaline Arms playing a little heavy metal:

A good time was had by all.
Thanks to Steve for setting this up!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a few,,,

Jay
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#18]
 I gotta add a few more thanks here...I was so heat frazzled I forgot a few:

Devil's Advocate, thanks for sharing the bench and for ALL of the help after the shoot...it was VERY much appreciated...and then some!!!!

Steve, another great shoot...lemme know what Parks and Rec's comes up with.

Gunslinger and Wife:  it is ALWAYS great to see you guys!!!!  Thanks for being part of another great day.

Jay...thanks for being so cool....great pictures!!!!!!  Thanks for posting them.

Also: for anyone not at the shoot...in the last picture...that's a REAL AR180!!!  Not a rubber one.

Thanks again to for all concerned about me getting home....it was slow going but nothing disasterous...I think I am getting the problem under control.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. The wife was ill and it made it rough to get out. They say us guys are wimps when we get sick? I think they're worse....Plus it was 114' on Saturday. Too dang hot for me...All that fat on me might have melted and would've made the ground real slick and everyone would be slipping and, you know, just a big mess

Glad everything went well. Wish I could've met some of you. Next time huh?

Did ya'll go anywhere after?

Desertmoon, nope. Not avoiding you. You really missed me huh? I guess I do have a friend. My therapist will be so happy that I'm making progress...

Hey, is Jay wearing Marpat? Are you a Marine? if not......

Glad everyone got home ok...I'll be waiting for the next one down here in good ol' Casa Grande (The "Big House" for those spanish challenged folks...Yep, we live in the big house)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

>>>Did ya'll go anywhere after?<<<<

We went to Famous Sams in Casa Grande.
Good company: Good food.
Wish you could have made it.

>>>Hey, is Jay wearing Marpat? Are you a Marine? if not......<<<

Why Yes, Jay is wearing MARPAT, complements of a Marine.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Damm I missed another shoot ,I got called into work, I brought some of my older toys from up north to get a little work out. Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Just to let you guys know the next shoot will probably be sometime in late October.  I will post more info once I get a set date.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Did you guys fry your asses out there?  You gots to be nuts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just to let you guys know the next shoot will probably be sometime in late October.  I will post more info once I get a set date.

Any word back on the results of the noise measurements?

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Any word back on the results of the noise measurements?

I haven't heard anything yet from the City concerning the noise measurements, as soon as I do I'll let you guys know.

Steve
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Did you guys fry your asses out there?  You gots to be nuts.

We quit shooting about 11:00, and it wasn't bad.  I took a couple of people shooting at the CG range on Saturday (7/5) and we got there just after Noon.  By 2:00 in the afternoon it was like standing in front of a blast furnace.  Not pleasant.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top