BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Also guys:
It's DRY as heck out there.  I've had fires out there w/ tracer about this time of year before.   Bring shovels.

-luke
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Also guys:
It's DRY as heck out there.  I've had fires out there w/ tracer about this time of year before.   Bring shovels.

-luke

... that's easy NO TRACERS, they're about useless during the day anyway.

... The large "pit" we'll be firing into is free of brush.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Small, furry animals secured ( stuffed ).  Including one baby seal and a "Tickle Me, Elmo "

yeah....I'll tickle ya alright.

no styrofoam stuffing, just kapoc for easy cleanup.......will bring rake

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Secured a couple pieces of steel for Sunday. 1 might have future potential as a swinger if it's still alive after the fun. Also got some smaller targets that most likely won't hold up to the abuse.
Ah, the sad drama of scrap metal.

zukem, I appreciate the offer, but I think I may have something worked out with gunslinger.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Attempts to secure stuffed animlas failed. Mom and daughter turned on me like rabid dogs. I did manage to secure a bunch of milk, laundry soap and similar containers for targets. I have folding chairs and cooler, but could use a table of any sort. Can anyone spare a small table, or some space on their own?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
dangit, i had a change of plans today.  can't make it out, we're gonna go shoot the lahti on sunday... :) BOOOM.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a table either but I do have a big tarp that can be used to help contain brass, or I'll just prone on it if there's no space anywhere. The Garand won't be here in time, nor will my new scope. But at least a big batch of Thermolds came in so I won't have to spend as much time reloading. I also plan on bringing some high contrast spraypaint for my steel, open to public use of course.
Winston, I bet some guys at work your .50 will go through one of the beefier pieces I found, would you mind ventilating it once for me?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... would you mind ventilating it once for me?

... Heck, I'll let you do it!  Each round comes with an aspirin.

... I just got back from the store awhile ago. If anyone forgets food, I could provide a little sustenance. Fresh percolated coffee is on me Sunday morning for those spending the night. Tables are not necessary but it's a lot easier and safer than minding muzzles from the tailgate-to-the-line sweep. Remember, I'll have some "Special Targets"   for ya'll.

... I'm also bringing cigars for those that partake.

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
No can do this time, damnit.

I'm taking my wife to Kartchner Caverns.  We've had reservations for about 5 weeks now.

Damn.

Oh well, I didn't find out in time to load enough ammo anyway....

(And the truck needs an oil change, and I haven't finished painting the rafters, and....WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS SOONER!!!!)
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Ill try to make it. well so far it seems I cant make it oh well next time maybe.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Winston...you bringin' your grill?  I will also bring a few extra burgers, dogs and buns plus Ketchup, onions, pickles, mustard and mayo.

Also bringing tools galore.

Working on the table....might try to get a new dinger stand made but time is running short.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Winston...you bringin' your grill?

... not a gas burner this time, but I will have BBQ briquets and a campfire grill (if I can find it)
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
AZCOP,

Is Giles teaching that one? Sounds like fun.

Not sure who will be teaching it.
I've heard there will be two lead instructors, and about 6 coaches.

It's supposed to be a big class, split into two groups.

Jay
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]
With the passing of my bro, my dad and I have started doing more things together lately, so be advised, the Captain will be there.

I'm bring the gas piston conversion.  Hopefully I/we can shoot it and it won't break.  More and more and more and more fucking testing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
... the Captain will be there.

... That's good news, not bad!

BTW, I will be bringing a tailgate top BBQ grill if anyone needs a place to cook burgers.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Cory,

I've got a sealed 200 round battlepack of Port. 308 here at the house. If you want, I'll bring it and you can replace it when the next show pops up here or get some ordered....

Randy
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#19]
... I'm splittin' after I shower. Going to try to find some firewood on the way. If you need a map try someone here that's going tomorrow morning.

... I'm gonna go secure the hill (well, the pit at least)
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Can somebody send me a map? It looks like we'll be able to go!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Jason!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
 I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO burned.  What a friggin' BLAST!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm feeling a bit like a lobster myself. Worth it easily though. Can't wait to see the pics and videos. Thanks again everyone, especially Cory and Tony for helping that bolt carrier tighened up. I still have the steel just in case we can squeeze one more in before May 22.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#24]
... Man! What a hoot, that was one of the BEST shoots I've ever attended. Cases upon cases of Tannerite, piles of NFA tools. cheeseburgers and tons of laughter.

... What more could you ask.

... Where's that MPEG of the 10lb. Tannerite stuffed animal space launch?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top