Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can somebody tell me what the senate bill number is so I can start working on my representative? Thank you in advance.
View Quote

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA134-SB-169

SB 169 is closest. Anti vax mandate and anti requirement to disclose
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You Scared the Republicans So Much, Your Forced Them to Write a New Vax Choice Bill in a Hurry. It PROVIDES NO MEDICAL FREEDOM
The bill would prohibit (certain, not all) PUBLIC entities from mandating the Covid jab and does NOTHING for students, employees, etc, of and nothing for all private citizens not working for some government agency.
It also clarifies that this bill ONLY applies to the Covid vaccine. And the "best" part? This bill (unlike all the other big government bills that get passed all the time) has a SUNSET PROVISION in two years
Rep. Nino Vitale
View Quote

I don't know if this guy is truly on our side or just grandstanding.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about him either. But sounds to me that "new" bill is bullshit.
Stivers and the rest leaned on them to write something keeping the business free to "protect them thier workers and customers", not us.
My ass!  Leave us alone!  If you want to be vax'd fine, more power to you. Let us that have had it, or don't want the vax the heck alone!

Sounds like the same people pushing renacci and trying to block out Blystone.

Just got a call from Rep. Lipps office. He has not signed it yet. Not sure the yet part is good or just sugar coating

edit for phone spelling :(
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Folks, some good news, ...A.G. Yost is joining in w/ other states to fight back the geriatric jerk's unconstitutional edicts!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Ohio-Joins-States-in-Fighting-Back-Against-Tyrannical-Joe-s-Test-Vaccine-Mandates-/12-657257/
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
FDA Rejects Booster Shots, Here's Why

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, looks like the GOP leadership is giving us the big middle finger:
Rep. Jennifer Gross, R-West Chester, said that leadership in the Ohio House removed her from the House Health Committee, which is currently reviewing her bill, House Bill 248.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/09/22/sponsor-ohio-anti-vaccine-mandate-bill-kicked-out-gop-leadership-jennifer-gross-bob-cupp-coronavirus/5811470001/\

"As of Wednesday, just seven have signed on. Besides Gross, they are Reps. Sara Carruthers, R-Hamilton; Jay Edwards, R-Nelsonville; Mike Loychik, R-Bazetta; Nino Vitale, R-Urbana; Scott Wiggam, R-Wooster and Bill Dean, R-Xenia.

assholes
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#9]
An Ohio Republican lawmaker has been KICKED OFF the House Health Committee by Republican Leadership for Advocating for Medical Freedom.
• Rep. Gross, the bill sponsor for HB 248, a strong medical freedom bill, has been removed for bringing forth a ‘discharge petition.’
• She was telephoned by Ohio House Speaker Bob Cupp and told, the entire Republican leadership team agreed, she should be removed.
• Cupp was contacted by the press for comment and stated, “I do not comment on internal caucus communications.’
• Gross is the main sponsor of the “Vaccine Choice and Anti-Discrimination Act.”
• Last month, Cupp and “the House Majority Leadership” issued a statement indicating they were going to “pause” House Bill 248 and work on the topic.
Rep. Nino Vitale
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, she's dead Jim.  No not Rep. Gross, but her bill.  Looks like the leadership has a new bill working.  

So House Bill 435 is the new bill. And lookie there.  It has already been moved to the full house after being introduced on Tuesday.  Wow, thought they needed to come to a consensus, and blah blah blah for bills.  Looks like that isnt the case when powerful people want something done.

The good, at least this bill requires exemptions  "for reasons of conscience, including religious convictions, would also be exempt from employer mandates".   So at least there are ways out of this mess.  Also if you've had the virus, then if you prove you have the antibodies then you're good.  Not good enough in my opinion.  What about those that haven't had it yet?

The bad, obviously, they caved to special interest (ie the chamber of commerce) on Rep. Gross's bill.  Also there are industries that will be exempt from this bill "employees of children's hospitals, employees who work on a hospital intensive care or critical care unit, and employees who start work after the proposed legislation takes effect would not be able to claim the exemptions"   So once again, the health heroes' of last year are garbage this year.  And if you're a new hire...sucks to be you.  Great, my kids can look forward to good times.
Also doesn't stop proof of vaccination for live music and show, except those played at publicly funded venues.

I found this part interesting "Even if lawmakers approve the bill swiftly, it's unlikely the legislation would take effect this year. The GOP-controlled House Health Committee passed the bill Tuesday afternoon along partisan lines, and full House approval was expected Wednesday. But the measure still needs to move through the Senate and even if approved there within days and then signed into law by Gov. Mike DeWine, it wouldn't take effect for three months.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/house-republicans-debut-new-anti-vaccine-mandate-bill/530-fb3e9eef-c5cb-4cb6-9113-946390f41d99
https://www.fox19.com/2021/09/28/ohio-bill-would-force-gaping-exemptions-into-existing-vaccine-mandates/
https://www.journal-news.com/news/new-covid-vaccine-bill-emerges-in-ohio-house-that-would-allow-exemptions-for-natural-immunity/TJKZ2TFMGFABDL3YJ6VMPB7OSA/

Although, I am listening to Blystone talk about it on his facebook live post today.  He does not like it.  "crap legislative bill"  "they sold you out"  "the speaker is a puppet of Dewine"
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#11]
And the new bill sunsets June 2023.
While a positive antibody test can be proof, there is no standard test in the bill and anybody can refuse to accept the type test you use.

When I got tested all I got was a verbal yes, no paperwork. It was a pharmacy, not Dr.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#12]
WTF!!!???

the glaring hole in this crap sandwich is:

a) your a-hole employer fires you before "the effective date of this bill" (which is what, date enacted?)...

b) you can't get a new job after "the effective date of this bill" and claim exemptions!?!?!

We need to call up Cupp's office and demand they make amends for this!  This is his fugly baby!

Speaker Bob Cupp
Phone: (614) 466-9624
https://ohiohouse.gov/members/robert-r-cupp/contact

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Rep. Nino Vitale posted this.

Your calls worked! You scared the H E double hockey sticks out of the Republican Caucus ...........
they took it off the floor and referred it back to committee for further study, hearings and changes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
keep hammering!

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I think it's in the Rules and Reference Committee, which is basically Cupp's committee...

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer!!!!

"equal protection" for all!!!!

Speaker Bob Cupp
Phone: (614) 466-9624
https://ohiohouse.gov/members/robert-r-cupp/contact

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]

9 hrs  ·
IT’S TRUE.
Your calls worked! You scared the H E double hockey sticks out of the Republican Caucus and even though they had the weak, feckless piece of junk bill that I think would have actually done HARM to your medical freedom, at the last minute, after loads of heated arguments, they took it off the floor and referred it back to committee for further study, hearings and changes.
WHY? BECAUSE YOU CALLED AND MADE YOUR VOICE KNOWN. As I’ve said all along, if you want government to move, the PEOPLE have to move it. Don’t depend on the center of corruption to fix its own corruption.
NICE WORK, PEOPLE!
My advice now: KEEP IT UP! You need to click the link below and keep calling and tell them DIAL UP HB 248.
NO EXCUSES ABOUT PROCESS. They blew that by trying to bring a bill to the floor with ONE HEARING.
NO EXCUSES ABOUT LANGUAGE IN THE BILL. They were about to bring a bill to the floor with language that had only been seen for 12 hours by most representatives and had only been seen for 5 minutes before every Republican Committee member voted yes. YES ON A BILL THEY HAD ONLY SEEN FOR 5 MINUTES!
That means they spent about 7 seconds on each page of one of the most critical issues of our lives! But the good news is, you stopped it!
DON’T BUY THE EXCUSES. Tell them, bring HB 248 to the floor, adjust the language as necessary to be a strong medical freedom bill and pass it now!
Click, call and tell them, we want strong medical freedom protection from our Ohio Government.
Keep your representative on speed dial and let them know that this issue is important to your vote and that you are not going away.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislators/district-maps
“I want government so small you can barely see it and so efficient you barely have to pay for it.” Rep. Nino Vitale
(wow are we a long way from that today)"
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#17]
What kind of swamp creature addons have been attached to this one I wonder?
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top