User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 is mine.  

And more importantly, I'm not voting for DeWine, so we need to get a good candidate out there.

I'll vote for him twice if he opens up deer hunting to tapered rifle cartridges.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone go to Colebrook for Sunday's event?  The kid and the FIL both wanted to go to Berea'a gunshow, so I didn't even have to make a choice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone go to Colebrook for Sunday's event?  The kid and the FIL both wanted to go to Berea'a gunshow, so I didn't even have to make a choice.
View Quote
Yup. He and Swallen both showed up and spoke individually. I hadn't seen or heard Swallen speak before, and was impressed. Kinda reminds me a bit of Kristi Noem in some ways with her style and mannerism. I think that she and Joe compliment each other's personalities pretty well. And most importantly, neither shy away from discussing things directly or dance around giving their positions. They know what they believe, express it well, and (very importantly) stand by their beliefs.

If interested, I've got the video of both of their speeches and Mark Pukita's speech as well. I'm still working on cleaning them up a bit (especially Pukita's speech - he didn't have a microphone for the majority of it, and it was raining hard on a structure with a metal roof). I thought I'd have it done by now... work, however, has gotten a little busier this week.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Event this weekend. Wonder if they will let joe get any mic time

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems to be a lot of drama going on around blystone right now.

Word is his running mate swallen just quit
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, sounds like they got to her somehow.  Not good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Seeing quite a lot of Blystone yard signs around...
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seeing quite a lot of Blystone yard signs around...
View Quote

He has a ton of support out by me. also seeing a pretty heavy smear campaign being run by ranacci homers
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That was my first thought.

We are going to see Joe talk tomorrow, I’m going to ask him privately and see what he says.
View Quote

I’m going to see him tonight as well. I’m very curious to see what is said.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Let us know.

There could be a hundred reasons why.

Best  not to speculate.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, guys... tonight was a cluster fuck!

Turns out it was not a platform for Joe to speak, or any other gubernatorial candidate for that matter.

They had a bunch guys running for Senate. They all got a chance to speak and everyone went way over time. Then they had Trump’s campaign manager speak for an hour or so. It was one big Trump ego stroke until it came time for him to say that we should all back Renacci. No thanks.

When the time came for Blystone to speak, the guy running the whole thing (also named Joe) thanked everyone for coming and turned on some music.

Blystone went stomping down the aisle screaming “Joe, what are we doing here?!” Turned into a pretty heated argument between those two. The Joe guy that organized the event started telling Blystone that he’d already been told he wasn’t going to speak before he showed up. Blystone said “You are the one that invited me to come here and speak! Now you’re telling me I can’t speak?!”

After a bunch of back and forth yelling, we all went out into the parking lot where Blystone climbed into the back of some person’s truck, grabbed a bullhorn, and started speaking anyway. Said that we came out there to hear him speak and he’d speak to anyone that would listen. He said that what we had just witnessed was “crony politicians” playing dirty. And quite honestly, that’s exactly how I saw it. Renacci got his endorsement in, then they shut it down.

I got a brief chance to talk to Joe, but honestly forgot to ask about his running mate. I will say though, it was very nice to see his teeth come out! From everything I’d seen on Facebook, I liked what he was saying but he didn’t seem like tough enough. Let me tell you... if as governor he would act half as tough as what I saw today, that man will absolute FIGHT for what he believes in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Renacci sucks.

Also I've seen 0 Blystone signs in NEO. The only ones I've seen have been in and around Central Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow! What a scummy thing to do.

The folks who held that event are business owners in Granville. They own a smoothie shop, an ice cream stand, and an air B&B.

I’ll make sure the word gets out that they are dirtbags.

That’s frustrating to read.
View Quote

It was NOT the fault of the people who owned the farm. It was 100% the fault of the guy that runs the Licking County Constitutional Conservatives group.

From what I could tell, the property owners were on Blystone’s side.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Renacci sucks.

Also I've seen 0 Blystone signs in NEO. The only ones I've seen have been in and around Central Ohio.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow! What a scummy thing to do.

The folks who held that event are business owners in Granville. They own a smoothie shop, an ice cream stand, and an air B&B.

I’ll make sure the word gets out that they are dirtbags.

That’s frustrating to read.
View Quote

It’s not the first time I’ve read of the exact same thing happening to blystone. It’s ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It’s not the first time I’ve read of the exact same thing happening to blystone. It’s ridiculous.
View Quote

It’s because they’re scared. They realize that Blystone has a real chance of taking them out and they don’t like it. Blystone is not a career politician. He is (or at least appears to be) the “little man” who, like the rest of us, is fed up with the way our state has been run into the ground, and wants to change it. Career politicians don’t want it to change. It’s the only way they can stay empowered and rich.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#23]

I believe you, I'm saying I haven't seen any.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#24]
He probably didn't use the correct advertising company and/or can't fund raise well enough for GOP.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Blystone is a nice guy.

He needs to start getting mean.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Copy, I’ll put away the spray paint, nails, and Trump flags I was going to litter their farm with tonight.

As others have said, the swamp (including the Republican Party) has been trying to shut down both Blystone and Pukita. Pukita said he has been threatened by members of his own party.

Fuck the GOP, it’s time for some real constitutional conservative’s to take over.

Now that I typed that, Real Constitutional Conservative’s (RCC) has a nice ring to it... Like a new party name.
View Quote

Haha!! Nah, no need to take it there. The Warners were great. The guy that ran the Licking County Conservatives (I mistakenly called them “Constitutional Conservatives”) was the problem. Those assholes are definitely part of the swamp, and Blystone made a point to tell them that, saying “You are part of the establishment! You are part of the problem, and we’re done with you!”

While I don’t know much about Pukita, he didn’t seem bad from what I saw; however, it was very clear that certain people didn’t want him there. I will say though that I was most impressed by Bernie Moreno.

And one more things to note:
My daughter took a picture with Joe Blystone. Later, someone from Josh Mandel’s campaign snapped a picture of my 8 year old daughter shaking his hand. That picture (with my wife’s permission) ended up on Mandel’s Facebook page. The disgusting comments coming out of people are enough to make my blood boil. It’s nothing but jokes about pedophilia and child trafficking. And that, ladies and gents, is the “tolerant left.”
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I have definitely noticed the party trying to snuff him out lately.

There's quite a few Blystone signs out in Ashland County. Haven't seen any Renacci or anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have definitely noticed the party trying to snuff him out lately.

There's quite a few Blystone signs out in Ashland County. Haven't seen any Renacci or anyone else.
View Quote

Oh yes, they’re working hard to shut him down.

If he does some how come out of this mess with any sort of party endorsement to primary against DeWine, there will most certainly be an incredibly smear campaign against him.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone see the commercial during President Trump's rally on Saturday?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top