Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m pretty sure once widespread testing and antibody testing becomes widespread the numbers will skyrocket
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Testing number are showing what it was like 2 weeks ago.

I know several people that had it right at the beginning of the quarantine and before, but nobody I know has it now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More tested means more cases even if they are asymptomatic.  I'm interested in the antibody tests. I bet there are tons of people who never knew they had it and can now go back to being productive in society.
View Quote

Yup,  however engaging tinfoil a bit here..  you gotta wonder why the us is slow rolling this when other countries are running the atb test.. be it in beta phase or not...
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup,  however engaging tinfoil a bit here..  you gotta wonder why the us is slow rolling this when other countries are running the atb test.. be it in beta phase or not...
View Quote

Harder to push a narrative of fear and control when thousands upon thousands start testing positive for the antibodies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200419/coronavirus-in-ohio-more-than-1800-inmates-at-marion-correctional-test-positive-for-covid-19

Overall, the state's prison system has recorded 2,426 positive results among inmates, the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction said. That number is 21% of the total confirmed cases in Ohio.
View Quote

The majority of those cases are at the Marion Correctional Institution, where 1,828 inmates  73% of the total  have tested positive for the virus, state officials say. The remaining 667 prisoners now are in quarantine. No deaths have been reported among inmates there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
PCI is gonna be the next big one and maybe CRC, although they don't have open bunks like Marion and PCI do. What a shit show. Heard OSP was doing perimeter at Marion because they are short staffed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#8]
As of this am, OSU has 126 confirmed cases, 60 of which are vented... of those 126, 108 are inmates.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Heard Ohio Health is laying off all full time contingent and flex ER staff, can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Checking in, all of my family and friends are  all fine, no sickness and I am still working.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Still two weeks out ?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:
Still two weeks out ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I think everyone has they eyes on TN & GA. If they are ok in "2 weeks" then everything is gong to be opening up here too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AJE:

Wouldn't surprise me.

My mother in law works for one of the biggest hospitals in the Dayton area and is having to take furlough days 
View Quote

I work for KHN and at our location you're on furlough every other week. No guarantees on your work week though. I didn't go in on my last work week at all. Haven't worked a full week since beginning of March.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
Consensual Encounters M4F or M4M

Clean white male looking for a haircut.

Drug and disease/virus free. Can meet in a remote location or can host at my house. Paying top dollar. 

PM me for my contact info. 

Very secretive, big .gov doesn’t need to know. 

View Quote

You wanna pay me to all sorts of jack up your hair I'm down...

Im good at putting tubes in holes (giggity) and knocking people unconscious and paralyzed before putting said tubes in holes (giggity)... not that much on hair cutting, but I'll try anything once.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#19]

I was a month out for a cut before this shit started, I think I’m going on three months now without one and I’m looking rough. 

I’ll gladly take a butcher cut.
View Quote

Thats where im at... I've got this semi effeminate/faggy highschool musical deal going on... I keep looking at my beard trimmer thinking what a 5 setting would do....
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I cannot believe a hair dresser or barber is not moonlighting right now.
View Quote

They risk getting their license taken away if discovered. Home services are forbidden. Ridiculous that a license is even needed to do hair.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By NightFox:

They risk getting their license taken away if discovered. Home services are forbidden. Ridiculous that a license is even needed to do hair.
View Quote

Let me explain why the state needs them to have a license via the poetry of a rapper named wyclef jean.  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Alrighty bitches.... Swine is opening most stuff up in 2 weeks... bring on the motherfucking bars!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Mikey, the best practice would be to open up and let businesses run however they please. Preferably, businesses would choose not to enact faux safety rules like wearing masks, keeping 6 feet away from each other, and reduced capacity.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Too late for most businesses.

Too little too late.  

I can't form the words to show the hatred I have for him and Acton. Hatred &  loathing don't even begin to come close.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I stopped in at a garden center yesterday and they have chosen to limit the store to FIVE customers at a time. It's insane. I sent them an email to communicate my disgust with their decision.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I went into CAM yesterday for some groceries.  

They took my temperature when I walked in, and told me I needed to wear a mask.  

"If I new wear to buy them, I'd have one on."

"I have them for sale right here.  One dollar.  If you don't have cash, just take one."

"Okay, thanks." Puts on mask.

"Make sure you wear a mask next time you come in."

I was fine with it all until that last comment, especially the tone of it.  Little petty tyrant fuck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I do like that place. I got some warm spicy Chinese peanuts in a brown paper bag near the front -- delicious on their own or in homemade pad thai or curry. The one in Cincinnati has a better curry paste selection than Columbus, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By shrimpmoney:
Heard Ohio Health is laying off all full time contingent and flex ER staff, can anyone confirm?
View Quote

Heard from my friend at Grant today this is true. Sending staff from all over the hospital home early due to low census
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Interestingly OSU sent a reminder that if any staff go out of state for vacation then they get a 14 day unpaid vacation after to self quarantine per swines stay safe ohio orders.. however theres an exemption... if you go out of state to work somewhere medically (direct exposure or not) then no mandatory quarantine and you can get paid for a quarantine if it is required...
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BENLPN:
Interestingly OSU sent a reminder that if any staff go out of state for vacation then they get a 14 day unpaid vacation after to self quarantine per swines stay safe ohio orders.. however theres an exemption... if you go out of state to work somewhere medically (direct exposure or not) then no mandatory quarantine and you can get paid for a quarantine if it is required...
View Quote

Wow, just idiocy (like everything going on now)

I hear OSHP is stopping every virus at the border as part of a Corona dragnet.

The ACLU is filing a protest in the US 6th District Court of Appeals and demands the virus to be left alone

The governor is encouraging all viruses to follow safe distancing protocols and hopes they can understand they are under scrutiny for their own safety.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By NightFox:

Wow, just idiocy (like everything going on now)
View Quote

Yep... I'm wondering if it was unintentionally written wrong, but thats the way it was worded in the update....
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

WTF did I just read.  Shouldn't people try to take their health in their hands?  I know some things (like cancer, heart disease, etc.) are genetic, but you can also take steps to minimize your risk.  Its called eating fairly healthy & exercise people.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bdover:

WTF did I just read.  Shouldn't people try to take their health in their hands?  I know some things (like cancer, heart disease, etc.) are genetic, but you can also take steps to minimize your risk.  Its called eating fairly healthy & exercise people.
View Quote

As a lifelong healthcare person... the culture of the healthcare industry has 108° turned in the past few decades... there is 0% amd I honestly mean 0% expectations for patients to have any self responsibility for their health.. im sure the litigious open season and the general downslide of how people are/were raised plays a large part... but its almost always the providers fault in the eyes of administration,  and "patient experience" is much more important now than actual outcome.... the entire industry needs a reset and tort reform... hell were not supposed to tell fatties that their fattiness is causing all their problems that we know to be caused by fattness......its a joke...
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

As a lifelong healthcare person... the culture of the healthcare industry has 108 turned in the past few decades... there is 0% amd I honestly mean 0% expectations for patients to have any self responsibility for their health.. im sure the litigious open season and the general downslide of how people are/were raised plays a large part... but its almost always the providers fault in the eyes of administration,  and "patient experience" is much more important now than actual outcome.... the entire industry needs a reset and tort reform... hell were not supposed to tell fatties that their fattiness is causing all their problems that we know to be caused by fattness......its a joke...
View Quote

I loved the primary care doc I had over the last two decades. He was old school. Before I got my stuff together in terms of diet and exercise he would tell me at the end of my physicals that I "was fat and I drank too much." I had no issues with that, I knew that he was right.

When I started my journey back to healthy living a number of years ago losing a lot of weight and increasing my activity he was very encouraging. Unfortunately he retired last year. Now I need to find another no BS doc that is significantly younger than I am so I won't have to do this again.  

He's also the guy that got me to make serious long-term changes in my diet. After complaining to him that I didn't understand why I wasn't losing weight after a few months of regular jogging he looked at me like I was a moron and said "greyguy, you can't outrun a bad diet." Classic...

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#42]

As a lifelong healthcare person... the culture of the healthcare industry has 108° turned in the past few decades... there is 0% amd I honestly mean 0% expectations for patients to have any self responsibility for their health.. im sure the litigious open season and the general downslide of how people are/were raised plays a large part... but its almost always the providers fault in the eyes of administration,  and "patient experience" is much more important now than actual outcome.... the entire industry needs a reset and tort reform... hell were not supposed to tell fatties that their fattiness is causing all their problems that we know to be caused by fattness......its a joke...
View Quote

@BenLPN     I guess I just don't understand people then, or maybe it was the way I was raised.  I'd rather be told "You're fatness is the problem, fix that & these other issues will go away".     That being said I need to get a family doc up in Delaware, know one?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Is there a vaccine? Antibiotics help?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By XDsPocketCarry:

Is there a vaccine? Antibiotics help?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XDsPocketCarry:

Is there a vaccine? Antibiotics help?

Work ethic and a father in the home seems to go a long way in reducing symptoms
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Gyms open 5/26.... suns out guns out bitches...  and more guns out when they try to reclose everything this fall!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I just need a haircut. I’m looking pretty hippy these days.
View Quote

+1.  One of my employers has a written grooming standard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
not supposed to tell fatties that their fattiness is causing all their problems that we know to be caused by fattness...
View Quote
Apparently telling the truth is now considered "shaming".  Clown world.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By kill-9:
Apparently telling the truth is now considered "shaming".  Clown world.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kill-9:
not supposed to tell fatties that their fattiness is causing all their problems that we know to be caused by fattness...
Apparently telling the truth is now considered "shaming".  Clown world.

One the biggest issues with society today. No shame, no sense of accountability and no self doubt.

We could reduce the incidence of heart disease, diabetes, etc., if making fun of fatties was socially acceptable again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#50]
At 12:05, I was able to book an appointment at Great Clips.  At the time, I had a 78 minute wait.  78 minutes later, I have a 20 minute wait.  I got a feeling these last few minutes are going to drag out like a basketball game.
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top