Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2017 8:05:55 AM EDT
I've gotten an itch to try my hand at some sort of clay shooting. Don't really have any idea at which type might suit me best.

Can anyone tell me where to go that's fairly close to the Dayton area?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No clue if the Dayton area... but if you want to come over to central Ohio 2 places I would recommend. in no order Blackwing, In Delaware, They have it all Skeet, trap, sporting clays, 5 stand
The cardinal shooting center near Maringo .. big on trap ,,, they have sporting clays as well
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can get on base the Wright Patt Rod & Gun club has good trap ranges (I think they have skeet as well).    The Middletown gun club has good facilities as well.

Gotta double on what the other poster said, both Marengo and Blackwing are awesome if you're willing to drive.  Cincy also has a couple of active clubs.

Unfortunately you're about five to seven years late ...   Vandalia range used to host the Grand American trap shooting championship, but that's moved on over to Sparta.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I'll try Middletown. Don't think I'm eligible for WPAFB, and C-bus is too far for my schedule.

Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't shot here in a couple years, but Stull Preserve near New Carisle/ Huber Heights area was a good place to shoot Clays, just search facebook for Stull Preserve.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clark County Fish & Game had skeet leagues sometime during the week the last I knew, but I haven't been there in a long time.  Might check into that if Springfield isn't too far.  It's not too far off of Route 4 north of 70.
View Quote
Clark County is open Sundays with open Trap and Skeet..  Mgr at Honda in Tipp goes there, my son and I went a bit back..  

On Ballentine Pike,, a mile maybe south of Rt 41..

Being you south, no direct route there, but not hard to get to either... just down road from AJ & myself..  sucks my boy works Sundays,, have a get together on a Sunday late morning - early afternoon.. plenty of 12,, and some 20ga on hand
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]
WPAFB Gun Club only requires you to not be a Felon, not be a Person Prohibited from Owning A Firearm, and not be a Person who is a dick/idiot.

Dale is a great guy; easy group of guys to hang out and shoot with, and all around well maintained facility.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.clarkcountysportsmansclub.com/wordpress/about-ccsc/

I have been shooting sporting clays at Clark County Sportsmans Club for years.  They are open on Sundays and Tuesdays.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top