Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 3:27:49 PM EDT
I have family that is relocating to the North Canton, Ohio area.  

What are the better neighborhoods in the surrounding area in which to purchase a home?  Areas to avoid?

Thank you in advance for the responses.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several friends happy with lake cable homes
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
St James on Mt pleasant
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Jackson Twp is nice as is Uniontown
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
New Philadelphia, about 1/2 hour south  
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a life-long Uniontown resident.  Any of Lake township (greentown, Uniontown, Hartville) is quite nice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
My sister is right off I-77 at Fulton Ave, in area across 77 from Football Hall of Fame (see it from her driveway)..  older neighborhood for houses, but she never complain about anything there in the nearly 20yr she been there.

They did SWAT a house up the street a good while back when goober went looney tune
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a life-long Uniontown resident. Any of Lake township (Greentown, Uniontown, Hartville) is quite nice.
View Quote
All very good places.

I guess it boils down to how much $$$ they want to spend. Me--I'd prefer Jackson Twp., but that's just me.

Places to avoid: central city and Canton's East Side and South side.

Before I retired, I worked the Belden Village area for about 20 years; never seemed to have much trouble or headaches; people were fine, LEO on the ball--courteous and professional and take no BS. My line of work ran me into a lot of locals of Greek, Italian, German and Irish heritage Americans---great people. Newcomers seem to be coming from India--doctors, engineers, IT people--they need better manners IMHO.

Use the search term "City Data" for an area and you'll learn a lot. Ex: Jackson Twp. Stark Cty. Ohio
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the replies.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top