Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:59:04 AM EDT
My son located a pistol he is looking for at a great price but the seller (private) is in Dayton,does this need to go thru a FFL or can it be shipped person to person in state? I have tried the ATF site but that place is enough to give you a headache.As far as I can tell it can be shipped person to person but you cannot use the US mail to ship it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe you are correct.  I would suggest driving to pick it up...  That way you know what you're getting, and don't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shipped person to person before, within the state, using FED EX.
Did a trade with Cali-Bound, and he checked local laws and with gun shops, and its all Kool Beans
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes you can the best and closest link I can give is http://www.thegunzone.com/ship-guns.html follow the link for the law they give you at the end.
But you are leaving yourself open to several things and would not suggest that route until you can guarantee 3 things,
1. Item is with or without flaws in general function
2. Identification of the person buying or selling .
3. The person(s) is a heads up guy.
With you and about 12 others on this board I'd have no problem doing a deal like this at all.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top