Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 9:11:50 PM EDT
Early afternoon last Monday, I walked into the Galyans, Legacy Village store.  I found the gun counter upstairs and proceeded to look around.

I complimented the man behind the counter on his fine selection of firearms and I commented that "it took guts to sell handguns in this neighborhood."  He nodded with a wiry smile.

Just then, two Lyndhurst police officers and one plain clothes man walked up to the counter just to the left of me.  Both Galyans gun counter employees immediately walked over and started talking quietly with the officers and the man.

I recognized the one officer as the Lyndhurst police chief, and the other officer must have been the lieutenant or captain, judging by the number stripes and stars on his uniform.  I casually looked around the store for a few more minutes and waited for them to leave.

When they finally left, I ambled back to the gun counter and asked the Galyan's salesguy to show me a pistol from the case.  Very matter of factly I asked, "what was the chief looking all concerned about?"

The salesguy responded, "Somebody reported to the police that we were selling assault rifles here."

He and I made some small talk about the legality of ARs and AKs, and I left shortly thereafter.

It's a very nice store with decent gun prices and I plan to buy something gun-related soon.  I just wonder how long the gun sales will continue.  It sounds to me like the harassment has already started.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure that this sort of thing was both anticipated and expected in this neighborhood.  Most here are gun ignorant and wouldn't know an assault rifle if it was sitting in front of them.  This too shall pass and people will get used to it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just in that store on the 5th.  It's very nice.  We have 2 of them here in Columbus, as this is where they started.  I too am surprised they are selling guns in that area of town.  Maybe it will eventually become a non-issue for those folks, but who can tell this early in the game.

Sidenote:  I'd recommend the Claddaugh Irish Pub at Legacy Village.  That place also started here in Columbus, and is OUTSTANDING.  My mom and I ate there when I came up for a visit, and it looks really good, and the food is right on par too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was just in that store on the 5th.  It's very nice.  We have 2 of them here in Columbus, as this is where they started.  I too am surprised they are selling guns in that area of town.  Maybe it will eventually become a non-issue for those folks, but who can tell this early in the game.

Galyan's started in Plainfield, Indiana - not Columbus.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Galyan's started in Plainfield, Indiana - not Columbus.

Yes, I do believe you're correct.  I had my ass hat on last night.  I need more sleep.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sidenote:  I'd recommend the Claddaugh Irish Pub at Legacy Village.  That place also started here in Columbus, and is OUTSTANDING.  My mom and I ate there when I came up for a visit, and it looks really good, and the food is right on par too.

Claddaugh- Is that the Pub off Polaris Pkwy?  I heard about that.  Have you been to Fado' in Easton?  It was nice at first, but our 2nd trip there was terrible.  EVERYONE was very snobby there, and we got poor service.  Must have been my lack of a BMW or something.....

Oh yea does it count that I used to work at the Easton galyans for about 2 weeks?  
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top