Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2017 9:26:04 PM EDT
Guy from AR15.com wants to buy three 15 round mags and a grip module from me. He claims to be LEO.... Is it legal for me to send mags to him? What if he isn't LEO?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You can only ship mag parts since they hold over 10 rounds, it doesn't matter who the buyer is.  The parts are used to re-furbish old mags

I believe mag kits are still legal since there's a injunction on the mag ban law.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:26:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd think his agency could buy direct from a local licensed dealer.  Not being an LEO, I don't know what exceptions they may have to the laws for the rest of us when it comes to mags.  Some D.A.s have made things unpleasant for dealers and maybe others shipping items legal in their state to folks in Ca.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would at least ask for some proof if he's claiming this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What would I do?

I'd decline the sale.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If hes a real LEO, mail it to his agency.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd still say decline the sale.  How much time do you want to invest in the sale of 3 fifteen round magazines???

Why is he buying 15 round magazines, anyway, when a legitimate LEO can have 20 and 30 round magazines.  This sounds weird to me.  

In fact, the whole thing is weird.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd still say decline the sale.  How much time do you want to invest in the sale of 3 fifteen round magazines???

Why is he buying 15 round magazines, anyway, when a legitimate LEO can have 20 and 30 round magazines.  This sounds weird to me.  

In fact, the whole thing is weird.
View Quote
And I've never heard of 15 rd AR mags until now.

A LEO, with the proper approvals, can purchase new mags. Why go used?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd just sell the mag bodies in one shipment and the other parts in another and charge accordingly.  Even if he's not a LEO, every bit helps and shipping it that way keeps it legal, not that you as an individual are likely to have any sort of issue (if anything, the recipient has the bigger risk; it's typically actual vendors that get targeted by CA officials for reprisals like what SF was doing recently).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top