Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 12:42:02 PM EDT
I checked the Ban list and it has Armalite AR-180 but not Eagle Arms so it appear that Eagle Arms .308 lowers should to be a legal to import into Ca. Anyone have an opinion? Anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No its not legal. Eagle is a subsidiary of Armalite, no its on the List.

I so badly want a 7.62 AR but no juice so far.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it had to be named to be banned. I understand Armalite is banned but even a subsidiary of there's. Well that bites
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Indeed it does.

What we need is for some company to clone the Armalite lower. They would sell like hotcakes. That's all, just the lower. The rest of the rifle could be bought later.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The fact that the 2 brands of lowers are listed separate gives us a chance. If it was listed as "Armalite/Eagle Arms" then it would for sure be banned. Most of the opinions are that since the lower states "division of Armamlite" clearly on the side, it "could" be trouble. I personally feel that since they listed them separate, they get treated separate. It is not listed now, but I bet it will be when the new list is made.

*I'm not an attorney, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Because of the way it is marked, makes it very sketchy to Illegal to me.
It has the BAD markings, "ARMALITE"  and  "AR-10", which is a make and model listed in the list. If it didnt say ARMALITE on it anywhere then it would be okay I think... Also if it didnt say AR-10 it would be alright...

It can be argued both ways. Depends what side you are on...  "Your honor its a Lincoln NOT A FORD"

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just do a quick search on EA

FYI.......it would be essential and futile to keep looking at Eagle, but good way to add to your arms collection.

Mine is over 15 years old, and still not on the "list".....though I already registered that, so I can take it back/forth into the PRK.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Sane people will not touch the Eagle 308 lower because it still says Armalite AR10 on it - which is indeed on the Kasler list and CCR sec 979.11.  I doubt you'd get a lower-shipping FFL to touch this either.

This is way too close for comfort, esp. since the manufacturer is Armalite which owns Eagle Arms division.  Eagle likely is just a sales convenience so that when you buy an Armalite rifle you know you're getting a factory rifle and not a parts gun (they were running ads to this effect 2-3 years ago).  Armalite is still the mfgr, and I believe they put that on because their mfgr FFL is in the name Armalite. That's good enough for CA to consider/argue it an Armalite AR10.

And, Paul, again,  PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM RECOMMENDING 80% LOWERS.   Your situation is different with your MAWP.   But for other regular folks here, there's quite good chance built up 80% lowers may well not have Harrott protection, which could risk their being covered back under Kasler.   And even if not illegal, these would never have a chance at getting named as AWs.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes I agree, with the name Armalite on the received that pretty much kills the deal. I know when they did the first registration they allowed home built lowers so I doubt they will allow them again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#12]
They would think you had money to burn!   It doesn't look like they sell just the lower receiver though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#13]
God dang ugly and strangely out of the norm too.  No dust cover or brass deflector, very tall upper receiver rails
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Duffy. See I changed my signature. No more digs at Bruce, I'm a good guy now!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#15]
huh?  I never noticed, what did you put there as a signaure?  You're as a great guy as you were when I met you, so I don't know what yer talkin' about
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
God dang ugly and strangely out of the norm too.  No dust cover or brass deflector, very tall upper receiver rails

Look up the RND Edge rifles on www.zediker.com/books/ar15/extrasrnd.html.

The RND Edge rifles are very nice rifles, only maker who offers a 338Lapua offering to boot.

Reason why they reconfigure the rifle a bit is they tend to use thicker receiver walls, such as around the barrel extension area to reduce flexing of the handguard.     They also manage to do away with the buffer tube on some of the models.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah I saw some of the stocks that look like B&T folding stocks for HK roller locked weapons, and wondered....their website only says these rifles are gas operated, I figure they're piston driven.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#18]
The RND EDGE are the ultimate in precision. I first saw them at the '96 Masters and was very impressed by them. They do look very hi-tec and are milled from billet and not forged. If they were the exact dimensions of a forged receiver they would be weaker, but they are much thicker in most areas.

I believe they used to make, and probably still do, JP receivers.

hrm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top