Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:51:03 AM EDT
Watching the news here in Phoenix, and saw that y'all are still facing one hellacious batch of storms.  Good Lord, I've never seen CA hit so hard for so long at this time of year.  

I just wanted to pop in and tell y'all I am praying that you and yours stay safe throughout the storms, and remind you that property can always be replaced - lives cannot.  So if you get into a bad spot, worry about what matters most and get the hell out.  

And yes, I know AZ guys are not supposed to post here, but I am only letting you all know that I am praying for you and your family.  I don't think the mods will get pissed at that, and they can kiss my ass if they do

Seriously, you stay safe.  And if you need anything, don't hesitate to contact me.  I'm sure Camy and I have room we can make if you need to bug out for a bit.  Might be a bit cramped, but it's free and safe.  Stay safe, brothers.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, thank you!

Usually, when non CA residents post here, its usually to bash us in one fashion or another.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wow, thank you!

Usually, when non CA residents post here, its usually to bash us in one fashion or another.

Just because the politics suck doesn't mean the people do.  Y'all are shooters, just like the rest of us.  We stick together to make positive change!  California can screw up a wet dream, to be sure, but divided we are powerless.  When the mllions of legal gun owners speak behind one voice and one cause, even the idiot liberals in CA must listen and think carefully over their chosen political careers.

Regardless, that wasn't the intent of my post.  The news made a pretty big deal out of the weather over there, and I just wanted my hobby-loving brothers to know they were being prayed for.  Stay safe over there and, as I said, if one of you needs a harbor you can always call Camy and I.  Our home is always open.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the way you think Richard, you're OK in my book
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just because the politics suck doesn't mean the people do.  Y'all are shooters, just like the rest of us.  We stick together to make positive change!  California can screw up a wet dream, to be sure, but divided we are powerless.  When the mllions of legal gun owners speak behind one voice and one cause, even the idiot liberals in CA must listen and think carefully over their chosen political careers.

Regardless, that wasn't the intent of my post.  The news made a pretty big deal out of the weather over there, and I just wanted my hobby-loving brothers to know they were being prayed for.  Stay safe over there and, as I said, if one of you needs a harbor you can always call Camy and I.  Our home is always open.

Amen to that brother, have a Happy New Year.hippie.gif
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank You.

Thank goodness its OVER for now.

I'm missing the drought!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Time to direct our prayers to West Virginia
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been praying for those poor families all morning.

On a side note, there is a member who posted in the Team Forum...  One of the miners lost was his uncle's brother-in law.    The guy in the interviews with the NRA hat and Fu Man Chu, who said they felt lied to and his brother Marty was lost...  He is the team member's uncle.  

I know we are all praying and in mourning, but it hits so much closer to home sometimes.  

There is a lesson in everything, and "life is short" is one we hear too often, but never often enough.  Imagine, if you will, one of those deceased miners and his wife had a spat that morning, and they parted angry.  No hugs or kisses goodbye, no "I love you" on the way out the door...  Just being mad and holding onto to that pride that you are right and refuse to back down.  Then the phone call comes...

If that doesn't make you never want to argue again, I can't imagine what would.  Life is too short for anger, resentment, and pride.  Hug your loves ones NOW, because LATER is a concept, not a gurantee.  Hard to think straight in light of this tragedy and the pain I feel in my heart for those families.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top