Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 10:35:24 PM EDT
Why don't we get someone to develop rimfire versions of popular centerfire rounds? Like a 5.56x45 Rim Fire round, and try to get companies to manufacture guns "specifically"*wink wink nudge nudge* for the rimfire rounds?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think big companies want to spend money on R&D, just to have it banned by the DOJGESTAPO as soon as it is done.  Plus, from any real manufactures perspective, its just "krazy Bannifornia".

If you want to try it however, go for it.  That would be kind of sweet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a good technical reason why all high-powered cartridges are centerfire.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There's a good technical reason why all high-powered cartridges are centerfire.

It is my understanding that imfires only work with low pressure rounds because the hollow rim (which is filled with primer) is weak compared to solid rims of centerfire rounds.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#4]
how about an eccentric fire round. that way the firing pin would not hit the primer right in the center but just enoughf off center to legally escape center fire status. not too much r&d there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
great idea paul
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]
i believe Aguila was making larger rimfire bullets, if they were to make a 223 rimfire and a centerfire 223 still worked in the gun then the gun is still banned.
how you gonna make a gun that fires ONLY rimfire 223 ???
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]
At Calguns someone is designing a receiver with the trigger re-directed out the back of the receiver.  This allows a standard (non-pistol grip) stock to be used.

Another alternative is to obtain a non-listed receiver and then design a grip that prevents the hand from dropping below the imaginary trigger line.  DOJ approved of course.

.22 magnums are already over priced, the .223 rimfire would be a cost prohibited factor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top