Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 2:14:11 PM EDT
I received the Voter information guide in the mail yesterday.
Until then I was unaware there are two ballot initiatives on the recall election ballot.

Havent had time to read the full text, but right now I'm leaning towards No on 53 and Yes on 54.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been saying we need something like Prop. 54 for years and years. Of course the rest of the states don't notice things like this - Prop. 13 and the like which have spead nationwide.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
54 sounds great!!  LAFD hires on the basis of ethnicity, so hopefully it will put an end to that..
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:26:25 AM EDT
[#3]
SFPD was on TV a while back saying they were looking to hire lesbians, and if they were black, all the better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top