Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2003 8:04:01 AM EDT
From republican.sen.ca.gov/web/mcclintock/biography.asp

In 1995, McClintock was named Director of Economic and Regulatory Affairs for the Claremont Institute's Golden State Center for Policy Studies, a position he held until his return to the Assembly. In that capacity McClintock wrote and lectured extensively on state fiscal policy, privatization, bureaucratic reform and governmental streamlining. His commentaries on California public policy have appeared in every major newspaper in California.

Senator McClintock returned to the Assembly in 1996 where he was the driving force in the Legislature to abolish the car tax in California. In 1997, he co-authored the San Fernando Valley Secession bill. In 2000 Senator Tom McClintock was elected to the California State Senate.

In 1984, McClintock was named one of five outstanding young Californians by the California Jaycees and received the civilian Medal of Merit from the Ventura County Peace Officers Association for rescuing an elderly man from a condominium fire in 1984. He has been honored by numerous taxpayer associations around the state for his leadership on state budget issues.

And from what  have seen he is pro-gun. republican.sen.ca.gov/web/mcclintock/article_detail.asp?PID=189

More research is needed but he is my front runner

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Issa was just on the Bill Handle show this morning, and I think McClintock is on tomorrow.  I like either candidate, but prefer McClintock.  This should be an interesting election, and hope the candidates don't split the votes too much.

can't spwell todye
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Besides being a conservative progun taxpayer advocate, McClintock has something none of the other candidates have.... experience dealing with the Dem whackos in Sacramento. He's got my vote.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Pro-Life / Pro-Choice?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
mc clintock is definetly pro-gun, has been for a long time too.
he is prolly my first choice, with issa 2nd although i dont know much about hime.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Rumors has it that ISSA is a big supporter of the Hamas, plus he introduced a bill that would allow people not born as US citizens to run as prsedint.

So, alot more research needs to be done on him IMHO.

Sgtar15
Top Top