Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/8/2003 8:33:05 PM EDT
I want to do some wild pig hunting in Cailfornia, and would like to hire a guide. Any of you gentlemen know of any? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:09:59 PM EDT
I'm no guide, but I would suggest not heading to the state capitol.

You're likely to find a tremendous number of [cough]democrat[/cough] pigs there, but hunting them is illegal.

--LS

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:31:09 PM EDT
contact tejon ranch, they got tons of pigs and offer "pig-O-rama" hunts, which are self guided 2 day hunts for about $300, the ranch is about an hour north of LA. im sure guided hunts are available for more money.
there should be other pig hunting ranchs in the central coast area, hunting on public land is slim pickings. you will have a very high success rate at tejon ranch, they have a website with contact numbers.
hunting with a guide is a smart move, when you harvest your animal your gonna need lots of help retrieving it, a truck, rope, and extra hands are very much needed possiblities.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:29:11 PM EDT
Thanks....
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:40:49 PM EDT
Prices for a pig hunt at Tejon ranch has gone up a bit to $510. Here's the URL www.raahauges.com/tejon_ranch_info.htm
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:55:36 PM EDT
heres a great California forum for hunting
www.jesseshuntingpage.com/forums/
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:20:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By xsquid:
Prices for a pig hunt at Tejon ranch has gone up a bit to $510. Here's the URL www.raahauges.com/tejon_ranch_info.htm

Are these pigs or boar??
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:18:00 PM EDT
usually you will find wild pigs, russian boars, and rarely feral pigs.

the difference, AFAIK, russian boars are the ugly looking aggressive types, have coarse back hair (known as razorbacks down south), have larger tusks, longer snout, will be all black.

feral pigs are farm pigs that get loose and turn wild, will have light coloration or even spots.

wild pigs are a cross of russian boars and feral pigs, generally look like farm pigs, but will have black hair, these are prolly most common.

ive seen all 3 in the tejon area, maybe 1 or 2 in a herd will be light color or spotted.
Top Top