Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2003 6:24:50 PM EDT
My favorite UPS man brought three nice boxes to my doorstep today - AR's! I'll have my other uppers shipped once I convince my 78 year old father that he has the ability to take them off the lowers.

I returned my FAL to "as designed" last Thursday. I can neuter it when I'm shooting on public lands but keep it an "assault weapon" for private use.

I got my Military Assault Weapon Permit last week which gave me permission to follow the US Constitution here in California.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that's a first.  California recognizing the US Constitution, that is.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait to say farewell to it.  Counting the days, weeks, years..sigh.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I got my Military Assault Weapon Permit last week which gave me permission to follow the US Constitution here in California.

The fact that you need permission to follow the Constitution is unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
So I guess the word "Military" on your permit means you are in the Military?

Tell us the hoops you had to jump through, how long, etc.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I wrote the California DOJ MAWP branch and asked for the paper work on command letterhead (not required just got their attention with it). A week later I got the package which included a copy of the laws, a form to fill out, instucutions, and two fingerprint cards.

They don't take "livescan" prints so I had to go to the city of Riverside police to get them taken rather then the closer Moreno Valley station.

Finger prints costed like $40 or something, the permit was another $73 or something . I had to provide a copy of my military orders, the two print cards, and a form with my serial numbers, make and model of rifle. By law they have 30 days to respond - I got my permit in about 25 days.
Link Posted: 4/12/2003 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
MC PAUL - Just think you are probably one of the very few who actually have done this.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
A couple of dozen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Can that work for reservists living here, or just active duty?  (provided I can get the permit, can I then buy an AR?)
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Can that work for reservists living here, or just active duty?  (provided I can get the permit, can I then buy an AR?)

If this works for reservist, I may have to go back into the USN-R to get some more toys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think reservist is elegible unless serving on active duty time in the state. The permit is for personnel who are from other states and have been forced into the state.
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Ah, OK. That was what I suspected to be the case, but I had to check anyway.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 3:00:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Im sure glad you feel welcome here Paul.

I am sitting on my parents sofa, in San Jose typing this. Unarmed and not liking it a bit.

Maybe, ossibly, probably I have never 'felt' unarmed here before. But since the war, they way they give me such shit @ the airports, and the limited (3 day) stay, I am unarmed. Went to San Fran (under duress) today, and have to go to Oakland tommorrow. I do not like this a bit, and will more than likely, except for unforseen emergencies, not be coming back.

Damn, I feel as welcome to Kalifornistan as I do at a Demonrat anti-war rally in Seattle. WTF am I doing on the left coast again???

At least there, I dont feel naked.

Take care Mr. Paul.....M

Link Posted: 4/26/2003 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm serving here only under the Presidents pleasure. I can retire at 24 years in August of next year and at 25 as a Master Chief in early '05.

I'm looking to retire elsewhere as long as property values continue to skyrocket here and make me rich enough. I'm looking at Nevada and Texas right now.

USS Abraham Lincoln is coming home on May 5th, they'll be in San Diego next Friday. I might run down to San Dog to take some pictures.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Paul, send me an IM if you'd like to meet and chat over a meal or a beverage of your choice.  I can direct you to a very friendly watering hole in my neighborhood of South Park.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I got my Military Assault Weapon Permit last .

Paul,
I admire your initiative and tenacity in doing what many assumed could not be done.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got my Military Assault Weapon Permit last .

Paul,
I admire your initiative and tenacity in doing what many assumed could not be done.

I stumbled upon the process here. The MAWP is nearly hidden and I couldn't find it on the net when I searched a few months ago for it.

I didn't mind putting a few of my rifles on paper (again).

South Park - isn't that a cartoon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top