BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have a theory behind this.
Lots of Republicans in Florida Legislature are actually secretly Democrats, but they're registered and running in elections as Republicans because it's the only way they can get elected. I can't think of another explanation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Not 'theory' at all...........demonstrated and proven fact.    

I, for one, quite carrying a Republican label some time back, now fella's I'm 83, and I have voted in EVERY election since my military time when I went with Goldwater..........amused the hell out of me when one of my fellow GI's jumped my ass and claimed that he'd have us in a war........I called him when the Gulf of Tonkin resolution passed and his boy Johnson got to play the Hanoi games.     My patience finally ran out with the double faced Republicans a few years back with that unspeakable Irishman was speaker...........even tho I have always voted their way, I will not carry that label.............And what we have in Florida passing as R party liners is exactly what you called it.........and mostly those are from "up North", as they term it and could not get that office if they really wore the right color.

Piss on them and I can only hope that some plain and direct talk to the leader of that pack of phoney's by GOA and associates might do some good..............otherwise I forsee myself doing a Knox approach in Florida elections.................no votes for anyone flying their flags!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll add to the poster above, that and the federal GOP shenanigans, drove me out of the party a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#5]
Gun Owners of America National Spokesman Luis Valdes says Florida is the only state in the country with a Republican supermajority that kills pro-gun legislation. Valdes slams Florida Republicans for refusing to repeal the state’s open carry ban.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:01:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#6]
Looks like INFLUENCE, one of FL's top political magazines covered Republicans killing pro-gun legislation in their "10 Big Bills Lawmakers Killed" section of their spring issue.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top