User Panel

I have ALS (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
I am glad to hear you and your family are doing well and they are watching for/helping you. That's very important as we all know. We never know where/how are lives will lead us but in all seriousness, I pray you may find the Lord if you don't have Him already. He offers/gives eternal peace. I know He has blessed and been with my family with our health issues over the years. As I get older, I find myself needing Him more and more, as we are just flowers that will fade away but He remains forever, 1 Peter 1:24-25. I will pray for you and your family as well.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, that's sucks dude. Are you in the Space Coast/Orlando area?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AR18:
View Quote

thanks, west of there
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

thanks, west of there
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR18:

thanks, west of there

I couldn't remember where you stated your general location was. I got you mixed up with Great Dane location. If like anything, we are here for you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Update

I am doing about the same but have been suffering spacisity in my legs at night and is really
disrupting my sleep. Meds I am taking for it are not working well, may have to switch to different
drug/s.

I am participating in a drug trial for ALS drugs. None are a cure. But they may slow or possibly stop
progression of the disease. It is a double blind study. I have a 3 out of 4 chance that I am getting a drug
instead of placebo. After 6 months Everyone gets a real drug. They took blood samples and strength tests
and did a spinal tap and took fluid. I will go in at different intervals and repeat the tests and that will give
them data about the drug's performance.

I appreciate the prayers  
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Stay strong my friend.    
View Quote

Doing my best, friend
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BayEagle:
Praying hard for that!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BayEagle:
Update

I am doing about the same but have been suffering spacisity in my legs at night and is really
disrupting my sleep. Meds I am taking for it are not working well, may have to switch to different
drug/s.

I am participating in a drug trial for ALS drugs. None are a cure. But they may slow or possibly stop
progression of the disease.
It is a double blind study. I have a 3 out of 4 chance that I am getting a drug
instead of placebo. After 6 months Everyone gets a real drug. They took blood samples and strength tests
and did a spinal tap and took fluid. I will go in at different intervals and repeat the tests and that will give

I appreciate the prayers  
Praying hard for that!

thank you
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Sister in law succumbed to ALS last year.   It’s a tough road.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Update

drug/s.

progression of the disease. It is a double blind study. I have a 3 out of 4 chance that I am getting a drug

I appreciate the prayers  
View Quote

You're in my thoughts constantly... I pray you find peace and comfort during your journey and I hope the best for you and your family going forward.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

You're in my thoughts constantly... I pray you find peace and comfort during your journey and I hope the best for you and your family going forward.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
Update

drug/s.

I appreciate the prayers  

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope your recovery from the surgery goes well.

Best wishes as you go through this, as we all do, I wish there was something we could do to help.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Just saw this and learned of your journey. Prayers and more prayers for you and your loved ones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ga41:
Just saw this and learned of your journey. Prayers and more prayers for you and your loved ones.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Sister in Law succumbed to that last year.  Pretty awful stuff.    Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope you are doing well..
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Hope you are doing well..
View Quote

Thank you,
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Still praying for you brother.  

How's your face healing?

I'm hoping you and yours are having a good Easter.  
View Quote

Thank you. The ironic thing is that I heal well, just everything but my brain that is. We are doing good
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Updates?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Going down hill
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiFlow] [#24]
This was a tough one to read and another put life in perspective moment for sure. May your soul find peace in the here and now, and in the beyond.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Prayers
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks all.

If want to pray for something specific, I have severe spasicity in my muscles and it is
painful. The greatest pain is during sleep at night and it is effecting my leg muscles
adversely. The meds I am taking are not helping much.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks all.

If want to pray for something specific, I have severe spasicity in my muscles and it is
painful. The greatest pain is during sleep at night and it is effecting my leg muscles
View Quote

Have you considered medical MJ? Its not going to cure your conditions but it will most likely ease some of your pain and suffering and make the days/nights a little more bearable. Im not a Dr. and have no idea how it may react/effect with your condition or other meds but its worth the discussion with your doc, or doing a little personal research.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: S58DRIVER] [#29]
Originally Posted By HiFlow:

Have you considered medical MJ? Its not going to cure your conditions but it will most likely ease some of your pain and suffering and make the days/nights a little more bearable. Im not a Dr. and have no idea how it may react/effect with your condition or other meds but its worth the discussion with your doc, or doing a little personal research.
View All Quotes
Thanks all.

I have suffered with RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)since I was in college..I am 57 now. When I lay down, it feels like 460 volt cable lines are plugged into my thighs and turned on until about 4am when I finally pass out. It's terrible, I have tried Mirapex as well as as many other meds. They all suck. I was on methadone of all things for 20 yrs. It absolutely worked, but I switched over to Florida's MMJ program as soon as it opened in Nov 2016.

I take no other meds and use the mint chocolate bars from Cureleaf or Marshmello Chocolate bars from Vidacann. It's about $8 per day with my senior weed discount lol..

I just work off the bar from 4p to 9p. The chocolate really soaks into your bones for a nice deep high...much better than the gummies or smoking
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:20:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HiFlow] [#30]
Originally Posted By S58DRIVER:

I have suffered with RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)since I was in college..I am 57 now. When I lay down, it feels like 460 volt cable lines are plugged into my thighs and turned on until about 4am when I finally pass out. It's terrible, I have tried Mirapex as well as as many other meds. They all suck. I was on methadone of all things for 20 yrs. It absolutely worked, but I switched over to Florida's MMJ program as soon as it opened in Nov 2016.

I take no other meds and use the mint chocolate bars from Cureleaf or Marshmello Chocolate bars from Vidacann. It's about $8 per day with my senior weed discount lol..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By S58DRIVER:
Thanks all.

That is awesome! Glad it brings you relief. And in this very same forum we have people calling us names for promoting something that absolutely works miracles for many ailments. Maybe not full cures in all cases, but definitely relief.

I suffer from periodic bouts of anxiety, at times it can feel like a heart attack with extreme chest pains, and total loss of concentration. It in the past when I had less responsibilities and a job that absolutely forbids it, a tiny piece the size of a BB when smoked would shut that down and stabilize my mood and allow focus. I am very angry I cannot do this to this day. I cannot get a med card because its still fed listed, and my job is tied to the fed. Absolutely forbidden even though Fl legalized it. Its not worth the risk getting popped on a random drug test and potentially losing everything I have worked for in my life. And thats not even factoring in the felonies if I went the non legal method of med usage.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

I volunteered for clinical trials for ALS meds and that would not fly. The meds I am taking for spasicity are more powerful than MJ
anyway.

thanks for the input regardless.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Stay strong. Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SGB:
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I've put you in my prayers.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks all.

View Quote

Prayers for healing, peace and for the leg pain to go away.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Levi24:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Levi24:
Thanks all.

Thank you
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
I have ALS (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top