Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 10:06:31 PM EDT
See Here.

H.R.3999 - To amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the manufacture, possession, or transfer of any part or
combination of parts that is designed and functions to increase the rate
of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but does not convert the semiautomatic
rifle into a machinegun, and for other purposes.

My BIL sent me the text below. He is old friends with Dennis Ross (R), Representative for Florida's 15th district in Polk County. I have also met Congressman Ross in the Rayburn Room in the Capitol. He asked that I pass along this info.  

It's my understanding that our old friend, Rep. Dennis Ross (R-FL) is supporting HR 3999, which was proposed to ban bump fire or slide fire devices, similar to the that allegedly used by the Las Vegas killer, Stephen Paddock, however, the proposed bill does not identify "bump fire" or "slide fire" devices, it merely and ambiguously attempts to ban devices or modifications that can "increase the rate of fire" above a standard rate of fire. Well, that includes competition triggers utilized by many, many people that participate in competitive shooting sports, like IDPA, IPSC, ISSF, Glock Competitions, 4-H shooting sports championships, and even olympic competitions. It would also make a "trigger job" to smooth its action suspect for a felony. I'm against any erosion of gun rights, but can you please drum up support down there to contact Rep. Ross to let him know ambiguity is not our friend.

Contact Congressman Ross here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
that bill is completely terrible, bad bad bad.  it has a 12 repubs on it last I saw, and 13 dems. with the way it is worded it could ban all semi-autos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top