Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2017 7:06:25 AM EDT
Your local members from GD sent me here... should have know better than to ask an intelligent question there anyway.

Going to Pensacola Beach with family in a couple of weeks. I have a 14 year old that is jonesing to do some fishing... may take the 18 yr old as well. I have never been fishing offshore/nearshore/deep in FL... know nothing about it. I do go to Venice for redfishing - that is my exposure. I am thinking something in the neighborhood of a 5 or 6 hr trip. Deep sea is not a must... just want to catch some fish.

I have noticed looking at TripAdvisor reviews that most of the services offer a "near" and "off shore" trip.

No budget... I figure that I'm looking at 600 plus tip or so

1. Are the "near shore" trips as bountiful... as in some species that like to fight?
2. Any suggestions on guides?
3. Since this is our first experience, am I leaving a lot on the table if I decide to NOT to go 87 miles out to deep sea?
4. What else do I need to know?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of what you'll find off P'cola is going to be artifical reefs, and the depths and distances will vary from sticking out of the water at low tide (USS Massachusetts) to as deep and as far as you want to go.

It's been a while since I chartered a boat, but I believe a 5-6 hour trip falls into the 'Half Day' charter. With that you're probably not going to get too far off shore.

Here's your best bet for intel on the current scene. I use these guys for reference all the time.

Pensacola Fishing Forum

Enjoy your trip!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Land &Sea Charters is where it's at if you are ever interested.  Highly recommended by a local Arfcommer... and now by myself as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top