Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2017 5:31:54 PM EDT
It has been borderline societal collapse in south Florida, people fighting in line for water, taking 3-4 shopping carts of water, people posting up wood, screws, water and other stuff online for 10x price on stuff they hoarded to turn a profit. I've been surfing offerup to laugh at some of this stuff and have seen people selling baby formula for $70 a can, $75 for 5 gallons of water. Shoe stores have been looted all day here. How is the rest of the state fairing?
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It is nothing new Hobbs was right

wait until tomorrow when the left starts screaming about how Trump controlled the hurricane to hurt democrat voters the most
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

wait until tomorrow when the left starts screaming about how Trump controlled the hurricane to hurt democrat voters the most
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, they'll say something to the effect that Trump's refusal to enact man-made climate change policies contributed to this hurricane. Or they can roll out the weather machine conspiracies too. Either way, they can continue to look like loons and that's great.

Quoted:
It has been borderline societal collapse in south Florida, people fighting in line for water, taking 3-4 shopping carts of water, people posting up wood, screws, water and other stuff online for 10x price on stuff they hoarded to turn a profit. I've been surfing offerup to laugh at some of this stuff and have seen people selling baby formula for $70 a can, $75 for 5 gallons of water. Shoe stores have been looted all day here. How is the rest of the state fairing?

Meh, seems like par for the course. There's always going to be the ongoing debate on capitalism vs. gouging. Looters are going to take advantage of easy targets in the absence of LE presence.

I wouldn't call it borderline societal collapse though. I believe the reputation for Floridians being armed has kept most people civilized.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
In the Tampa area I haven't heard many reports of looting, but we also didn't get hit nearly as hard as some other areas of the state. I think I might go check out Let Go and see what people are selling for on there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top