Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
2 houses, not a winder to see out of. Wrap it up in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Jacksonville traffic update from 11am today (post didn't go out ...)

Left my usual hotel near 95 and 202 on the south side to catch my usual flight home. My typical 25min trip to the airport up 95 took 29min

Also, the hotels in JAX are filling with evacuees
... apparently it is where you evacuate TO if you live in FL?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
St johns county checking in.
Just finished boarding up the windows and had a good meal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Broward county here. Andrew and Wilma veteran. Shutters are up and now just waiting. Stay safe everyone!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Checking in here in Indialantic.  Everything secure and waiting for impact.  Buckle up boys and girls, it could get a little bumpy.  We're loaded heavy with fuel, water, food, and supplies.
View Quote
You riding it out?!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Very southern end of clay county checking in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Checking in from right in between St. Pete and Clearwater (zone A).  Will be moving to Temple Terrace in the morning to ride out the storm with family.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
North Naples/Collier County checking in. Aluminum shutters are in place. Cars and perimeter were policed for flying debris as best we could. Plenty of food/preps. Praying for all of our safety and hoping for a last minute shift in the track of this hurricane for us. Not looking forward to testing the structural strength of our infrastructure vs +150mph winds. But regardless, we shall over come. God bless guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
North Naples/Collier County checking in. Aluminum shutters are in place. Cars and perimeter were policed for flying debris as best we could. Plenty of food/preps. Praying for all of our safety and hoping for a last minute shift in the track of this hurricane for us. Not looking forward to testing the structural strength of our infrastructure vs +150mph winds. But regardless, we shall over come. God bless guys.
View Quote
Broward here... I was in your shoes yesterday. Lets all pray it doesnt turn and keeps heading West.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
dang that is not a good place to be right now
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Volusia county here... impact windows are waiting to be tested.  Matthew was like a thunderstorm, we'll see what happens soon enough with Irma.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's a great website to monitor wind speed and direction.  Plug in your zipcode.

www.ventusky.com

https://www.ventusky.com/
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#14]
We checked out of Sanibel Island a few days ago. Good luck ladies and gentlemen!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FWIW, I could use some immediate assistance.

I just got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon after a 4 day stay (had a toe amputated) and I could seriously use 2-3 sheets of 1/2 ply wood and someone to help me cut and put it up.

I'm in Bradenton. Fuck.  

941-447-2617
View Quote
@osprey21

Cross post in the main IRMA thread in GD. Lot more traffic.
But it's dark 30 still.
Sorry I'm to far away and zero wood here.
Good luck.
Also. Get on the zello thread and join and put out the SOS on there. 
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FWIW, I could use some immediate assistance.

I just got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon after a 4 day stay (had a toe amputated) and I could seriously use 2-3 sheets of 1/2 ply wood and someone to help me cut and put it up.

I'm in Bradenton. Fuck.  

941-447-2617
View Quote
Check your local FaceBook page.
My wife is checking ours and there seem to be lots of really good folks out there offering assistance and material.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I don't Facebook but my wife does, I'll have her ask around.
View Quote
Me neither, but I asked my wife and she said to do a generic facebook search using the name of your town and you should find your local Town's facebook page.

Edited....

Ok, my wife didn't tell me the whole story.

Apparently search for the "town + Hurrican + Irma" but the key is that the page will exist ONLY if someone in your area created one.
I originally thought each town was doing this but its only if someone creates it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#20]
North Lake County check'n in. Everything is as secure as it's gonna be.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#21]
DUUUUU-VVVVAAALLLL!!!

Checking in. House all boarded up and ready to hunker down.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I don't Facebook but my wife does, I'll have her ask around.
View Quote
I'm just over in Palmetto but I spent the day tearing up the floor in my workshop attic for plywood. Used every single piece and still have a few small windows left open. Hoping you find some!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Volusia county here... impact windows are waiting to be tested.  Matthew was like a thunderstorm, we'll see what happens soon enough with Irma.
View Quote
Beachside?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Orange County. Just hanging out watching College Football and waiting. I had to get away from the non-stop coverage.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:46:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Beachside?
View Quote
No, not beachside.  I'm a few miles from the beach.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice soft gentle rain here in Lake Wales.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Clermont, lake county checking in from 308'...hunkered down
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Port charlotte near harbor and veterans here.
Shutters are up...garage door screwed shut and blocked.
Food for a while....got beer.
Wish i had a generator.
Getting ready to hunker in the closet w wife and 2 kittens.
ATB  mick.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Wellington, Forest Hill and the Turnpike - power went out @~6:30...  Running on genny...  so far, so good...  fingers crossed...
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Gilchrist County here. They moved the track westward overnight, which is a relief. When I went to bed, the track basically came directly over us. Forecast changed from hurricane force winds to Tropical Storm force. We live in a mobile home, so we're going to bug out to a friends place in the next town over. Lots of rain here already. On another note, I left my travel trailer in Tallahassee where I've been using it for work up there. The track now shows hurricane force winds there since the track moved west. I hope it's still there when I get back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#32]
New Smyrna here. gonna ride it out then head to Orlando once able to check on my girl who is locked down in the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
New Smyrna here. gonna ride it out then head to Orlando once able to check on my girl who is locked down in the hospital.
View Quote
I'm just a couple few miles south of you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Naples here . The X ring of Irma's target .
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Ft Myers....we still have cable and power. I have heard of power out in the nearby areas. Wind is really picking up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Son lost power in Lake Worth 2 hrs ago.

Looks like he made the best decision to stay put. They couldn't leave till Friday. The plan was head to grammas in Orlando area. But he says fuck getting stuck on a highway with a puppy and prego chick. So then we were gonna send him west to ft Myers. Couldn't find a room.

So they boarded up the concrete apt. with the help of a few neighbors loaded up on water, canned goods, batteries, cranked up the AC and are doing ok.

If the storm surge stays minimal they might have working cars on Monday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Clermont, lake county checking in from 308'...hunkered down
View Quote
The Florida Mountains! ;)
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Water retention pond is filling up quickly and the eye still has a few hours before it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Wellington/greenacres here

Most action we've had as we're in an interior  closet with the cat riding it out.

Hearing shingles pop off the roof every few seconds.

How much per shingle as I cringe?
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#40]
new Smyrna here.

barely any wind and just a light rain.

crazy watching merrit island getting bashed and it so calm here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Naples here . The X ring of Irma's target .
View Quote
I flew out Friday afternoon and am in touch with my next door neighbor in North Naples (Immokalee Road - East of 75).  The heavy stuff is arriving right now as I understand it.  Our elevation is supposed to be 18 feet so we're hoping there's no flooding.  My power has been out since about 9:30 am.

I hope everyone stays safe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Update from Pinellas County.

Lost power one hour ago in Seminole.  Heard transformers blow on the main street outside our neighborhood.  Wind, rain. Two neighbors immediately broke out their gasolins generators, yeah that won't draw looters or refugees.

Even a Cat 3 hurricane will cause a big storm surge into the low parts of Pinellas, flooding out 25%+ of the homes here. Those people will move out to the higher ground, but they cannot get off the peninsula easily.  There are only ten roads out of the county, and nine are bridges.  Sheriff has declared the bridges will be blocked by LEOs to keep people from entering the county until damage assessment is finished, which could take days.  No word on whether they will prevent people from leaving until the bridges are assessed to be safe.

This means a several hundred thousand people might be flooded out of their homes with nowhere to go except to the unflooded neighborhoods.  This basically creates a potential "refugee crisis" as they go door to door begging or taking.

I am surprised nobody else is discussing this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wellington/greenacres here

Most action we've had as we're in an interior  closet with the cat riding it out.

Hearing shingles pop off the roof every few seconds.

How much per shingle as I cringe?
View Quote
At some point you just put all new ones on 
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Eye clocked at 142 in Naples. Should hit me in Ft Myers around 5:45. Power has been out for awhile. Maybe an hour. Getting nastier by the minute.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Eye wall here in Fort Myers. Sounds like an aircraft carrier.
Damn strong, pushing water past front door and Lanai sliding glass door. But, just a little.
Third floor condo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#46]
NW Polk County here. We are starting to get fairly heavy rains and wind. We have a lot of Oak trees and had to park the trucks out by the road.

I'll post until the power dies. It should be an interesting night.    
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Eye wall here in Fort Myers. Sounds like an aircraft carrier.
Damn strong, pushing water past front door and Lanai sliding glass door. But, just a little.
Third floor condo.
View Quote
Your halfway through it!  Hold fast
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Downgraded to cat 2.  110 mph
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Watching www.winknews.com and the eye is over North Naples right now.  It's calm for the moment.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Downgraded to cat 2.  110 mph
View Quote
Good. Where you at?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top