Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 1:36:16 PM EDT
Gonna be traveling to TN in a couple days from FL. I want to carry my pistol while i drive and for the time i am in TN. Only sates im going through is GA and TN. I checked the Reciprocity in both states and i think im good to go. Any new info i should be aware of?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Check this site: http://handgunlaw.us/

I have found it pretty helpful.

Florida: http://handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Last year I drove from florida to,
GA
AL
SC
NC
VA,
WV
MD

I printed from Florida web site that said I was g2g,
And I went to each States own web site and printed where is said I was g2g as a Fl Res.

I put them in a folder, and carried them with me. It was worth the peice of mind.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GA
AL
SC
NC
VA,
WV
MD

And I went to each States own web site and printed where is said I was g2g as a Fl Res.

I put them in a folder, and carried them with me. It was worth the peice of mind.

I did the same thing on a recent trip to Va..
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
GA
AL
SC
NC
VA,
WV
MD

So far as I know; MD doesn't recognize a Florida CCW. nor do we recognize a MD CCW.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES
 Alabama    (1,3,5)
 Alaska    (1)
 Arizona (6)
 Arkansas    (1)
 Colorado   (1,4)
 Delaware
 Georgia (1)
 Idaho  (3,6)
 Indiana (1,3,6)
 Kansas (1)
 Kentucky
 Louisiana   (1)
 Michigan   (1,4)
 Mississippi (1)
 Missouri
 Montana (3)
 Nebraska  (1)
 New Hampshire   (1,3,4,6)
 New Mexico (1)
 North Carolina (1)
 North Dakota (3,6)
 Ohio (1)
 Oklahoma  (1)
 Pennsylvania   (1,6)
 South Carolina  (1,4,6)
 South Dakota   (1,3)
 Tennessee   (1,6)
 Texas   (1,3,6)
 Utah   (1,6)
 Vermont (2)
 Virginia (1,6)
 Washington (1,6)
 West Virginia (1)
 Wyoming (1,3)
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GA
AL
SC
NC
VA,
WV
MD

I did the same thing when I went to Kentucky in '08 with the "securely encased" statute. The only one I wasn't G2G to carry that way in was TN, and I just stopped as soon as I got over the border and took the mag out of the gun.

I suggest doing this just for peace of mind. It MIGHT take you 10 minutes and could save you a whole boatload of problems if you find an LEO who isn't up to snuff on the legalities of CC.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:08:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone. With laws changing everyday i just wanted to be sure. Im gonna print out the 2 States and carry the info with me. Just in case.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
GA
AL
SC
NC
VA,
WV
MD

So far as I know; MD doesn't recognize a Florida CCW. nor do we recognize a MD CCW.

Maryland doesn't recognize any other states CCW.  They have some of the strictest gun laws in the country.  It's very difficult to get a CCW for a MD resident, its a may-issue state and you have to apply with the State Police and state a reason and then back it up why you feel you need a permit to carry.

Your not even allowed to have a firearm in the car unless your traveling to or from a gunshop/hunting/range.  Said firearm must be unloaded and stored separate from the ammunition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top