BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol i doubt it.  The optic mount is the other thing the core series doesn't come with.  I feel like people are confused and they are all around the $1200 mark now.   You can get the full kit or the core series
View Quote
I mentioned above that it doesn't come with the optic mount.  But even so, the optic mount the full kit comes with is a $20 mount.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I mentioned above that it doesn't come with the optic mount.  But even so, the optic mount the full kit comes with is a $20 mount.
View Quote

I think more like $50 but at any rate imnot sure what the point of this is, i assume you think they are skimping on quality somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think more like $50 but at any rate imnot sure what the point of this is, i assume you think they are skimping on quality somewhere.
View Quote
It's not a $50 mount.  At best it's a $20 mount.  This is pretty much the same one that comes with it - at least the ones that came with my Century and Zenith:  https://www.amazon.com/AIM-Sports-Scope-Mount-Small/dp/B000R786Z2

The point in this is that I am trying to determine if this is simply the new going price for these MKE's, or if they are just temporarily dumping a surplus of them at a low price and the prices will go back up...  the answer is likely just "we don't know".

Also pointing out that the version with the extras is nowhere near the value of the new base gun at $1100.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Got my AP5-P in about a week and headed out to the range today.

I was the guy who offered to pay more for a cosmetically “clean” one……understandably not a realistic thing for Atlantic to do given the insane quantity they’re shipping.
No worries though, it showed up in acceptable Turkish condition….exactly what I expected and hoped for.

I have a PTR 9KT and 9CT…..from my initial observation, and I’m picky as fuck….and this is not accounting for the obvious “made on HK tooling vs not a real clone argument”, but here’s what I think so far.

PTR’s have much nicer welds and paint quality.  The PTRs are much nicer out of the box. The finish on the bolt carrier is night and day in favor of the PTR, the MKE has a sandpaper like finish versus a very slick finish on the PTR.  I’m honestly concerned how much the carrier will chew up the interior of the MKE given the roughness….not even joking here, see for yourself.

However, my PTR 9KT has an out of spec welded picatinny rail and I can’t get a Scalarworks mount (tried three different ones and verified with micrometer) to fully tighten down….this really pisses me off as that was supposed to be “plus” at least on the K model as the PTR rail is further back so you don’t cheese grade your hand each time you use the cocking handle.

My 9KT has a rear takedown hole that was drilled off center, or they had to widen it to get the endcap on.  Now, I haven’t had any issues with tight fitment on three different stocks, but when the 9KT arrived the lower pin had been bludgeoned so hard to get the pin in that they broke the trigger housing.  Customer service rectified this, but I’m still haven’t heard back on the out of spec rail….

I also had at least one or two stovepipes per mag on my initial outing with the 9KT.  The 9CT has none of the 9KT issues and has been flawless.  I found no issues with the 9CT rail or anywhere else.

Honestly, if fit and finish is important to you, you may want to check out the Zeniths….they’re down to $1800 and short of an HK I’m hoping they check all the boxes….that’s a bit more than these (mine AP5-P was $1209 OTD) but the Zeniths has a lot of perks that may be worth it to you.  I’d love to handle one before I buy.  I’ll likely buy the Zenith full size.

So I’ll have a PTR 9CT and 9KT, a MKE AP5-P and the Zenith full size…..two is one, one is none sorta thing.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#6]
@Atlantic  - do you plan to import any stocks?  A3 stocks?

Can you give some details if so.  We understand if it’s not a done deal, but come on, give us something so we don’t waste $600-$1200 elsewhere!
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Good reviews, but also worth noting that there are two "Zenith" MP5 types - the MKE-made ones Zenith just imported, 100% made by MKE, and the new line that Zenith is actually making themselves.  Two very different animals.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up my ap5 core full size yesterday, purchased with Atlantic's reserve program.  Looks great.  Not fired yet, but very good cosmetically.  I've seen a lot worse from US manufacturers.  The mag is a little loose, but I understand that should not be an issue.  Have not tried HK factory mags yet.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Happy as hell with AP5-P.   To anyone on the fence, you wont go wrong with the current pricing.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good reviews, but also worth noting that there are two "Zenith" MP5 types - the MKE-made ones Zenith just imported, 100% made by MKE, and the new line that Zenith is actually making themselves.  Two very different animals.
View Quote

Close.  Zenith is an entirely US private company that imported MKE roller locked and Tisas 1911 handguns.  Both Turkish guns.  Zenith is NOT a Turkish company.  They were just a US importer.  That relationship ended for what ever reason years ago.  Zenith, the former US importer, has now decided to tool up and manufacture their own US made roller locked clones.  

Century International Arms, a manufacturer AND importer made a relationship with MKE of Turkey AFTER Zenith deal fell through.  They now import the very same MKE guns Zenith was before, made in the exact same Turkish factory, just under the “AP5” moniker.  Century doesn’t make these guns.  They import them from MKE and somewhere along the way get Century Ap5 stamped on them.  That’s literally the only difference.  

Century also sells both a line of US made Ak47s (by them, mostly junk) and also imports from various former combloc military factories (mostly good guns, for Ak anyway).  

For example they sell like 3 model of “Draco” pistol.  One is a direct Romanian Cugir factory built gun minus the stock.  Other 2 are US made junk.   In Romania it’s called an MD90 or something and has a wire folder.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I love my AP5...a little over 1200 rounds through it since May. Got my stamp almost 2 weeks ago.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We can not go into exact details but you will see a much wider variety of imported MKE support parts being offered by Atlantic Firearms in the next 3 -4 weeks .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can not go into exact details but you will see a much wider variety of imported MKE support parts being offered by Atlantic Firearms in the next 3 -4 weeks .

You'll copy all your buying customers, I hope.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea..what he said
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As a sample size of one, the finish on the AP5-P I ordered from you folks is fantastic.  The magazine wobble is not.  However, the gun runs so far, so I'm not overly concerned.   These guns are steals at the current pricing and Atlantic is GTG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sorry we do not offer a hand pick or inspection service , We are shipping over a 1000 firearms a day and offering custom inspections would just not work out. All of this being said we have shipped thousand's of the AP5 pistols and not aware of any major complaints or issues with the finish of the pistols reported to our office.

As a sample size of one, the finish on the AP5-P I ordered from you folks is fantastic.  The magazine wobble is not.  However, the gun runs so far, so I'm not overly concerned.   These guns are steals at the current pricing and Atlantic is GTG.

How much mag wobble is ok?  If you insert an empty 30 rd HK or MKE mag on a closed bolt, how much travel is ok front to back at the bottom of the mag?  My HK mag wobbles the same as the MKE mag in my new full size AP5.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How much mag wobble is ok?  If you insert an empty 30 rd HK or MKE mag, how much travel is ok front to back at the bottom of the mag?  My HK mag wobbles the same as the MKE mag in my new full size AP5.
View Quote
If it feeds reliably at both extreme positions, and everywhere in between, then it's ok.

HK probably has a spec/gauge for this, but I can't advise what it is.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How much mag wobble is ok?  If you insert an empty 30 rd HK or MKE mag, how much travel is ok front to back at the bottom of the mag?  My HK mag wobbles the same as the MKE mag in my new full size AP5.
View Quote

MY HK definitely has less mag wobble.  However, since the MKE gun runs fine, it clearly doesn't have too much travel.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered from Family Firearms.

CENTURY ARMS AP5-P 9MM 5.75" 30RD HG6035A-N
https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cent-ap5-p-9mm-5.75-30rd-1
SKU : HG6035A-N
Model : AP5-P
UPC : 787450829565
$1,099.99 - NO SALES TAX (Excl AL) and NO CREDIT CARD FEES!

CENTURY ARMS AP5 9MM 8.9" 30RD HG6034A-N
https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cent-ap5-9mm-9-30rd-1
SKU : HG6034A-N
Model : AP5
UPC : 787450829541

I was not planning on buying any firearms today.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just ordered from Family Firearms.

CENTURY ARMS AP5-P 9MM 5.75" 30RD HG6035A-N
https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cent-ap5-p-9mm-5.75-30rd-1
SKU : HG6035A-N
Model : AP5-P
UPC : 787450829565

CENTURY ARMS AP5 9MM 8.9" 30RD HG6034A-N
https://www.familyfirearms.com/product/cent-ap5-9mm-9-30rd-1
SKU : HG6034A-N
Model : AP5
UPC : 787450829541

I was not planning on buying any firearms today.
View Quote

Ordered yesterday. Shipped today via FedEx!

Looks like they are now shipping from the importer. I wonder if my post here created a feeding frenzy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up my AP5 today. Pretty impressed with the fit and finish. It has nice even welds and bcg was nicely polished and oiled. The accessories installed without a hitch.  Weekend range trip is in the forecast..

BTW, I'm definitely ordering a AP5P if it short dicks all the Cannibals in the Congo..!!

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

For the love of God, take my money!  

Thanks Century, Atlantic and everyone involved in selling these.  You’re doing the lord’s work!

And I hope everyone understands this will be one of those things we look back on in 5 years from now and say “Remember when so and so were selling MP5 clones for $1200?  Man, I should have bought a case of them!”

This is now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Which brace does everyone prefer? As much as I hate to I guess I’ll do a form 1 at some point  but until that time I’d like to have a brace. Also, who has the best deal on A2 stocks?

I know I’ll need to store it elsewhere but I’d like to go ahead and get one just in case the prices go stupid like they did with A3 stocks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Which brace does everyone prefer? As much as I hate to I guess I’ll do a form 1 at some point  but until that time I’d like to have a brace. Also, who has the best deal on A2 stocks?

I know I’ll need to store it elsewhere but I’d like to go ahead and get one just in case the prices go stupid like they did with A3 stocks.
View Quote

I run an b&t collapsible with a tailhook mod1c

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Not sure where to put this info but I’m sure someone here would like to know.

Based on this guy and the actual HK specs of the MP5 the bolt gap spec if factory set at .018
MP5 bolt gap

I’ve seen some people post their specs on the AP5 around .014 and thought I would check my own. I bought a brand new AP5 core last week and it is still brand new and unfired.
Using a performance tool feeler gauge set from the auto store I tested my gun and the .015 slipped in no problem, .016 slipped in with a very light bit of force, .017 fit in with even more force but I did not press it all the way in since I didn’t want it to get stuck. .018 would not go in.

Overall I’m happy with this gun and based to reading here and HKpro it seems the overall tolerances are pretty good. Hopefully I’ll get out Wednesday to shoot it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not sure where to put this info but I’m sure someone here would like to know.

Based on this guy and the actual HK specs of the MP5 the bolt gap spec if factory set at .018
MP5 bolt gap

I’ve seen some people post their specs on the AP5 around .014 and thought I would check my own. I bought a brand new AP5 core last week and it is still brand new and unfired.
Using a performance tool from the auto store I tested my gun and the .015 slipped in no problem, .016 slipped in with a very light bit of force, .017 fit in with even more force but I did not press it all the way in since I didn’t want it to get stuck. .018 would not go in.

Overall I’m happy with this gun and based to reading here and HKpro it seems the overall tolerances are pretty good. Hopefully I’ll get out Wednesday to shoot it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/223734/2C0C4264-C668-4D2B-BDDC-E5D4364A2FA3_jpe-2473238.JPG
View Quote

FWIW my SP5 measured 0.018 out of the box, my MKE was 0.016. Both are on the higher end of the "in spec" range, which is what you want ideally.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like Atlantic has now dropped their price on the Core down to $1,099.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Just ordered a Core AP-5 yesterday.  This is the lowest price I’ve ever seen on a MP-5 clone.  Hopefully it is a signal of the things to come in the roller lock world of firearms.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't see the word "stocks" in that response...  
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks like Atlantic has now dropped their price on the Core down to $1,099.
View Quote

And I took delivery of my AP5-P Core from Atlantic yesterday, lol.

No worries. I’m pretty happy with it!  Gotta get to the range!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]
First photos of my AP5-P. This amazing thing is begging to be SBRd.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

First photos of my AP5-P. This amazing thing is begging to be SBRd.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1200x800q90/924/AFw2t6.jpg
View Quote

Do eeeeeet!!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do eeeeeet!!
View Quote

So it was written. So it shall be done.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#34]
What's the difference between a standard and CORE? CA MKE the way to go?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What's the difference between a standard and CORE? CA MKE the way to go?
View Quote

Standard has two mags, cleaning kit, flash hider, optic mount.  Core has one mag, that’s it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We have some MKE AP5 accessories arriving this week ,Rails , Muzzle brakes , Cleaning kits and more , Hope to see them checked in on Friday.  

https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/mp5-magazine-mke-2-pack-ma287-5.jpg
View Quote

@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Any chance we’ll see stocks?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#38]
For those that bought AP5's, what are you seeing for a bolt gap from the factory?  I just picked mine up yesterday, and was surpised to see it at .013.  I know that is within spec, but I was hoping to see a new gun in the upper range, around .018.  Easily changed with new rollers, but I am curious if these MKE's vary quite a bit in bolt gap within spec when new, or if I got an anomoly.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Excellent question.

I don't have a dog in the hunt but I'm interested in knowing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those that bought AP5's, what are you seeing for a bolt gap from the factory?  I just picked mine up yesterday, and was surpised to see it at .013.  I know that is within spec, but I was hoping to see a new gun in the upper range, around .018.  Easily changed with new rollers, but I am curious if these MKE's vary quite a bit in bolt gap within spec when new, or if I got an anomoly.

Excellent question.

I don't have a dog in the hunt but I'm interested in knowing.

I have an older MKE (pre Century) and mine was 0.016 out of the box
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Frostbite

Scroll up this page a little and you see my post. My AP5 was .016 (.017 if I forced it).

I think a few people in this thread posted theirs and the ones I’ve read have been around .015-.017
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I like my AP5 so much I ordered the AP5-P too. Softest shooting and quietest suppressed gun I've ever fired.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#43]
My MKE came in right at .018.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Is dahlonega armory gtg?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is dahlonega armory gtg?
View Quote

I've ordered from them several times with no issues.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is dahlonega armory gtg?
View Quote

Yep, they are good to go. I've also ordered from them without issue and would do so again.  

Like Battlehawk, Family Firearms, etc. they seem to do a lot of drop shipping of their products with extremely low margins.

The only issues I've heard of people ever having with them are when they want to cancel their order, return something, etc. Then they get hit with their restocking fee that you agree to when you make the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is dahlonega armory gtg?
View Quote
I recently got a AP5 and AP5-P through them.  Showed up promptly.

I ordered a TS-12 Komrad and it's taken a week and hasn't shipped yet.

They drop ship, so hopefully their distributor will send it out the door soon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is dahlonega armory gtg?
View Quote

Sometimes slow to ship they are at their
Distributors mercy on that but stupid low prices.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Got my AP5 from Atlantic.  Great vendor.  Have done business with before.  I did want to post this though as I’m concerned about the magazine catch cut in the receiver.  It appears to be cut in a triangular pattern which is causing LOTS of play in the catch.  Concerned this could create problems over time.  Posting so you guys can provide input.  

MKE Century AP5 full size:
https://imgur.com/a/7Pzb2hW   Video

Attachment Attached File

Ptr9c for comparison:
Attachment Attached File

Ap5-p for comparison:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]
My AP5P came new with a tight .0016” gap. Gun purchased almost a year ago. Functions 100%. GARY.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top