BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I spoke to a dealer today who told me he did not have one in stock yet but one of his workers was at a gun show and was picking one up and he asked if I could call back next week to buy it. I asked him the price and he asked me what MSRP was... I told him I believed MSRP was $2699 and he said his guy paid over $2800 for this SP5K-PDW.

Fingers crossed, but I am not all that confident this is a real SP5K-PDW that was for sale at a gun sow for $2800... but we will see.
View Quote

If so you found a freakin unicorn and a guy who apparently doesn’t know what he has haha.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My two grail guns.  I’m just waiting on my eforms to make these complete.  Never thought I’d have real Hks.  Get them if you can!  The quality is amazing!
https://i.imgur.com/XJwn821.jpg
View Quote

So explain the lowers to me, are they just replacements with the fun pictograms? Or full on happy switch?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So explain the lowers to me, are they just replacements with the fun pictograms? Or full on happy switch?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My two grail guns.  I’m just waiting on my eforms to make these complete.  Never thought I’d have real Hks.  Get them if you can!  The quality is amazing!
https://i.imgur.com/XJwn821.jpg

I wish they went to those markings. They are just sp5 specific 4 position clipped and pinned lowers.  I got them from Hk parts.  It looks like they need some modification to fit the sp5 so I just got one that already was.  I love the looks of the 4 position lower, but I could never spend the money to get the ambi packs for my mke guns.  It’s nice that the Hk sp5 and Sp5k come with the ambi pack so it’s just a simple replace of the housing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wish they went to those markings. They are just sp5 specific 4 position clipped and pinned lowers.  I got them from Hk parts.  It looks like they need some modification to fit the sp5 so I just got one that already was.  I love the looks of the 4 position lower, but I could never spend the money to get the ambi packs for my mke guns.  It’s nice that the Hk sp5 and Sp5k come with the ambi pack so it’s just a simple replace of the housing.
View Quote

Are they the ones I see that are like $800?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I want to say I paid like $185?  It’s just the housing and not complete trigger pack.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Scheels has SP5s for $2899 and they will ship to your FFL or local Scheels
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, there was another thread here that listed Scheels. I ordered from a NV store Friday evening and mine should ship out today. I was not charged tax, so $2934 shipped to my FFL.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone happens to run across one, I'm looking.

BTW, these Scheels locations said they were all sold, or did not have any.
Their gun department suggested I try these specific other locations, but none panned out.

GREAT FALLS SCHEELS
BILLINGS SCHEELS
ST. CLOUD SCHEELS
THE COLONY SCHEELS  (said they would only sell to locals anyway)
RENO SPARKS SCHEELS
SANDY SCHEELS
RAPID CITY SCHEELS
ST. CLOUD SCHEELS  While discussing it, was told it is Scheels company policy they cannot ship to WA State.  Not sure why, these are as legal as any other pistol or rifle here.

So I'm at a dead end besides GunBroker.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Their gun department suggested I try these specific other locations, but none panned out.

GREAT FALLS SCHEELS
BILLINGS SCHEELS
ST. CLOUD SCHEELS
RENO SPARKS SCHEELS
SANDY SCHEELS
RAPID CITY SCHEELS
ST. CLOUD SCHEELS  While discussing it, was told it is Scheels company policy they cannot ship to WA State.  Not sure why, these are as legal as any other pistol or rifle here.

View Quote

That sucks, I’ll keep an eye out. Are you looking for the SP5 or SP5K PDW (good luck if it’s this one).

Edit: @SvenDOlsen
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll take either one.  SP5 (preferred) or SP5K-PDW.

No Euro-spec SP5K.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That sucks, I’ll keep an eye out. Are you looking for the SP5 or SP5K PDW (good luck if it’s this one).

Edit: @SvenDOlsen
View Quote

I called as well.  LOL.

I'm looking for either.  Beggars cannot be choosers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The search has been rough.
I found an SP5 on FL gun trader going for $2300 but it is definitely a scam. The guy is actually in TX and it isn't listed on TXGT, he wanted a deposit before he shipped it. Too good to be true, or he is stubborn and wouldn't agree to vid chat at an FFL where they would inspect and ship it while I paid at that moment.

(also I subscribed to this thread but have never gotten any notifications.. hmm)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll take either one.  SP5 (preferred) or SP5K-PDW.

No Euro-spec SP5K.
View Quote

I have a local shop has a SP5 for sale. I’d been keeping an eye on it, they started at $4500, lowered it to 4000 last week. Not sure how much you wanna spend?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I found an SP5 on FL gun trader going for $2300 but it is definitely a scam. The guy is actually in TX and it isn't listed on TXGT, he wanted a deposit before he shipped it. Too good to be true, or he is stubborn and wouldn't agree to vid chat at an FFL where they would inspect and ship it while I paid at that moment.

(also I subscribed to this thread but have never gotten any notifications.. hmm)
View Quote

Yeah definitely a scam. Had something similar myself on Armslist. If you see one for $3k from VA, that’s it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weird, I've had Scheels show up in my search results and it always said no shipping on firearms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those usually use stolen pictures.  I sold an MWS on GB earlier this year and the buyer was nervous because a guy on scamslist found my listing and used my pictures in his scam ad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I will just roll the dice and see if I can't hop on one when it comes in stock for less than 3k, rather than paying GB prices.
I grabbed a bunch of things for it already. If anyone else is interested while they are still available links are below

Rail
AC-unity 30-round mags
AC-unity 40 round mags
Gear head works tailhook mod1
Gear head works folding arm
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Which one?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think I will just roll the dice and see if I can't hop on one when it comes in stock for less than 3k, rather than paying GB prices.
I grabbed a bunch of things for it already. If anyone else is interested while they are still available links are below

Rail
AC-unity 30-round mags
AC-unity 40 round mags
Gear head works tailhook mod1
Gear head works folding arm
View Quote

The store in Sioux Falls has some. 605-334-7767
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The store in Sioux Falls has some. 605-334-7767
View Quote

@SvenDOlsen

Here ya go. Guess you called them all but this one lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@SvenDOlsen

Here ya go. Guess you called them all but this one lol
View Quote

I called.  Was told they have none.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I called and talked to someone that said he did have some in stock and they sold out in 30 min
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Same. :(
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#24]
These guys are getting bombarded with calls lol. When I bought mine he was like man these things got popular all the sudden
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#25]
He didn't say what they sold for, what were they priced @?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He didn't say what they sold for, what were they priced @?
View Quote

Got mine for $2899
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep, there was another thread here that listed Scheels. I ordered from a NV store Friday evening and mine should ship out today. I was not charged tax, so $2934 shipped to my FFL.
View Quote

they charged me tax, but Scheels is in my state
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

GREAT FALLS SCHEELS
BILLINGS SCHEELS
ST. CLOUD SCHEELS
RENO SPARKS SCHEELS
SANDY SCHEELS
RAPID CITY SCHEELS

View Quote

i got the last one at the St Cloud location.  My buddy got one from mankato, not sure whats left there.  they are charging him $35 to ship to the twin cities store
@svendolsen
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

they charged me tax, but Scheels is in my state
View Quote

I’m out of state, they charged me tax..
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I’m out of state, they charged me tax..
View Quote

they are discussing this on HKPRO.  apparently if you call and talk to a manager they'll reverse the charge.  YMMV
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

they are discussing this on HKPRO.  apparently if you call and talk to a manager they'll reverse the charge.  YMMV
View Quote

@abud

Thanks for the heads up! I just called and I am getting my tax refunded. Saved $174!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

i got the last one at the St Cloud location.  My buddy got one from mankato, not sure whats left there.  they are charging him $35 to ship to the twin cities store
@svendolsen
View Quote

To add to this, both Fargo and Rochester did not have one. I apparently got the last one in Mankato. Moorhead does not sell guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To add to this, both Fargo and Rochester did not have one. I apparently got the last one in Mankato. Moorhead does not sell guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@svendolsen

Man, I wish I could find one in the twin cities area.  If I came across one for MSRP, I’d pull my wallet out so fast that it would travel backwards through time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#34]
How about mags?  Is there a go to source?  My LGS had H&K mags in stock, forgot to get them last time in and are now sold out.  I see some for $100 online, anything better?

Got a couple of the Gen 2 Korean mags, but I think I'm going to stick with OEM.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How about mags?  Is there a go to source?  My LGS had H&K mags in stock, forgot to get them last time in and are now sold out.  I see some for $100 online, anything better?

View Quote

If you hunt around a bit online you can find HK mags for $70-80 each. $100 is too much IMO.

POF and MKE mags are ok if you can find them too
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

A seller has 6 @$85 each on GB. Free shipping and no CC fees.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#37]
RK Guns has them in stock. Looks like I can add 7 to the cart. However, it's priced at 3999 now...... so lame.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I was lucky and got in with Scheels. Thanks for the heads up on the tax. I called them this morning and they removed it from my total.

Now I just need to find a diopter site in stock.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was lucky and got in with Scheels. Thanks for the heads up on the tax. I called them this morning and they removed it from my total.

View Quote

@MP15T if you find more than 1, would you let me know? Also, are you going to SBR yours? I was planning to myself, then started reading about 922r compliance and it seems like to do that I’ll be spending a lot more money than I intended..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Stil looking for one as well! Sp5!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

check EE
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

check EE
View Quote

@STJ

Why is this one needed or so popular? I’ve read something about using it as a pistol vs shooting with a stock, if that’s the case I’m still not totally sure why this one is required. Also, just curious why these are so expensive? Have they quit making and/or importing them or what?  I’m new to HK but have a SP5 on the way. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@STJ

Why is this one needed or so popular? I’ve read something about using it as a pistol vs shooting with a stock, if that’s the case I’m still not totally sure why this one is required. Also, just curious why these are so expensive? Have they quit making and/or importing them or what?  I’m new to HK but have a SP5 on the way. Thanks.
View Quote

Congrats on finding one!  I'm still hunting.   Not optimistic but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@STJ

View Quote

The diopters were on GB last year for $50 - $60, so they can be had for much cheaper. The problem is finding them and making sure you are getting the German version rather than the US. German is a matte black while the US is a shiny black. They are difficult to find at the moment.

The diopter is on the legacy MP5 and is much quicker to acquire your target with. Once you use both, you will see what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The diopters were on GB last year for $50 - $60, so they can be had for much cheaper. The problem is finding them and making sure you are getting the German version rather than the US. German is a matte black while the US is a shiny black. They are difficult to find at the moment.

The diopter is on the legacy MP5 and is much quicker to acquire your target with. Once you use both, you will see what I mean.
View Quote

Thanks. I’m curious, I can see why people would want genuine German HK parts, however if you SBR one you have to go replace half the thing with US parts. I was planning to SBR mine, but not sure now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@STJ

Why is this one needed or so popular? I've read something about using it as a pistol vs shooting with a stock, if that's the case I'm still not totally sure why this one is required. Also, just curious why these are so expensive? Have they quit making and/or importing them or what?  I'm new to HK but have a SP5 on the way. Thanks.
View Quote
The diopter works MUCH better than the notch drum that come with the SP5 if you are shouldering the gun.

The notched sights are for arms length use like a handgun.

Their are aftermarket diopters for around $30-$40.  Some are not too badly made.

As for the cost of the actual HK drum...it's for starters HK so $, and they are usually out of stock cause most people want a True HK part for their HK and just like the gun there is limited supply.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The diopter works MUCH better than the notch drum that come with the SP5 if you are shouldering the gun.

Their are aftermarket diopters for around $30-$40.  Some are not too badly made.

As for the cost of the actual HK drum...it's for starters HK so $, and they are usually out of stock cause most people want a True HK part for their HK and just like the gun there is limited supply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@STJ

Why is this one needed or so popular? I've read something about using it as a pistol vs shooting with a stock, if that's the case I'm still not totally sure why this one is required. Also, just curious why these are so expensive? Have they quit making and/or importing them or what?  I'm new to HK but have a SP5 on the way. Thanks.

I replaced my rear with an RMR mount and installed an SRO instead
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I replaced my rear with an RMR mount and installed an SRO instead
View Quote

@BabyYaga777 could you post a pic of your setup? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#49]
@MP15T just got an email update HKparts has the diopter sight in stock. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like the U.S. version is still there, but the German version is already OOS.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top