Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Man I’m late to be getting in the game here. If anyone has a lead on either the K or full-size for 3k I’m looking for one. Just from reading the last page it doesn’t look like that’s likely though. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Picking mine up tonight!!

Can’t decide if I want to go full stupid and run a KAC RAS and mount (EXPENSIVE) or just just use the new magpul rail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picking mine up tonight!!

Can’t decide if I want to go full stupid and run a KAC RAS and mount (EXPENSIVE) or just just use the new magpul rail.
View Quote

Let me help you-

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Not a terrible price either. If it was a SP5K-PDW I might jump on it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I put it in my cart and I was like.... nah. I wish it was a sp5 for that price.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-SP5K-9mm-Pistol-p/hk-m750900-a5.htm

Should note, this is not the new PDW version.
View Quote

About shit myself thinking that was the new version. Still holding out for an SP5 over a PTR but losing patience and not looking to spend 1000-2000 over msrp.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

About shit myself thinking that was the new version. Still holding out for an SP5 over a PTR but losing patience and not looking to spend 1000-2000 over msrp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I purchased one from AU several months ago fearing I wouldn't find a SP5. Turns out I found one a couple weeks later and now I have both. The SP5k from AU is just fine, it just sucks im going to need to put about $800 more into it to get it suppressor ready (which puts it into the pdw price range).
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was really close to buying one before I found my SP5. Had one in my cart on GB for $2700ish. I just couldn't buy one without the tri lug and paddle mag release.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#10]
If anyone is looking for the SB Tactical side-folding brace for the SP5, this place just got 8 in stock:

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6115
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one off the sinner site - Gunbroker - a few weeks ago.  Paid too much ($3950) and admitted it to the seller who informed me he was disappointed that he didn't pull closer to $5000 for it...

I made the call post-election and after ATF started jacking their jaws about the big, imported pistols.  Figure it was now or maybe never...  FOMO is real...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got one off the sinner site - Gunbroker - a few weeks ago.  Paid too much ($3950) and admitted it to the seller who informed me he was disappointed that he didn't pull closer to $5000 for it...

I made the call post-election and after ATF started jacking their jaws about the big, imported pistols.  Figure it was now or maybe never...  FOMO is real...
View Quote

That's all sound logic if you want to be sure to get one. You've also now saved the sales tax that GB is collecting after 2020.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looking like the last wave of both to gun shops has dried up, now it’s gunbroker or bust.  Hammer price for NIB SP5s look to be around $4000 plus CC fees and shipping

ETA: SP5Ks looking like $4200-4500 plus CC fees and shipping
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would appreciate any leads on Sp5 or K

Looking like the last wave of both to gun shops has dried up, now it’s gunbroker or bust.  Hammer price for NIB SP5s look to be around $4000 plus CC fees and shipping

ETA: SP5Ks looking like $4200-4500 plus CC fees and shipping

Update. Thanks for the help and other comments in this thread. Picked up a NIB SP5 today I had transferred in from a private party sale. now I am the poors
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I'm not nearly as mad about getting impatient and dropping 2700ish on both of mine back in April anymore.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn I totally missed that deal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn I totally missed that deal.
View Quote

It stayed in stock for a while. I kept checking up on it while sitting in my treestand. I'd have jumped on it if I didn't already have one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Good seller too. Ordered my Howa from them a few weeks ago. No issues at all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I had email notifications set up on rk guns website for that sp5 and they never sent anything about it :(
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Several sellers on GB are showing multiple SP5s in stock
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe if folks quit paying through the nose, prices will come down!
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 1:47:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Finally scored one at my local gun shop for $2800. Anyone know where I can get the proper diopter sight for it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Man I’m late to be getting in the game here. If anyone has a lead on either the K or full-size for 3k I’m looking for one. Just from reading the last page it doesn’t look like that’s likely though. Thanks.
View Quote

If you have a Sportsmans Warehouse near you then I'd recommend getting the distill.io web monitor add in for your web browser and setting it up to watch for the SP5 to come in stock there. They seem to re-stock around 9PM-2AM Pacific time for a number of items. I've watched the Henry Big Boy X Model, Beretta 1301 Tactical, SP5 each show up around those times more than once over the past month or so. They are only doing in-store pickup right now though. They suspended their shipping to other FFLs for now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Finally scored one at my local gun shop for $2800. Anyone know where I can get the proper diopter sight for it?
View Quote

Congrats on a nice, score..would you mind emailing me the shop and know if he has more ?

ETA I’ve seen the German diopter sights pop up on GB for $75 ish shipped FYI. If you don’t care, US made ones can be found here at 1/4 price.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have any leads on in-stock 922R parts? I'm looking for a trigger group and stock for my SP5.

Bonus, if you have a more efficient way to the 922 promise land, please let me know.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Thank you very much for the heads up I snagged that.  I will let you all know when it ships
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thank you very much for the heads up I snagged that.  I will let you all know when it ships
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just missed this.  Dammit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Are the MP5ks really as terrible suppressed as people say?

I kind of regret passing on them now as I won't pay the current prices but now that I have my GSL phoenix when I have it on my SP5s I can't help but think how nice a shorter package would be.

If HK was going to go all out a SP5 rear/-k PDW front hybrid would be great.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone have any leads on in-stock 922R parts? I'm looking for a trigger group and stock for my SP5.

Bonus, if you have a more efficient way to the 922 promise land, please let me know.
View Quote

Not sure what you are using for all the 922r parts.

Mag, follower and floor plate can be 3, I haven’t checked but I would think the new polymer mags will get you those 3 parts.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#32]
92what? ... should be your question...
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Binary trigger gives you four.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Binary trigger gives you four.
View Quote

When I converted my MKE, I built a trigger pack using a US made housing, hammer, trigger, and sear.  Then I replaced the cocking handle with one made in the US and so marked.  I still have the original MKE pack intact should I ever need it for some other use.

ETA:  I also used a US made handguard, specifically a Surefire forend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I was thinking trigger group, hand guard and cocking handle was the way to go.

Can't find a group for sale, perhaps I can piece it together myself. I also cannot find any US made magazines which would allow me to get it done with a US stock (also can't find).
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was thinking trigger group, hand guard and cocking handle was the way to go.

Can't find a group for sale, perhaps I can piece it together myself. I also cannot find any US made magazines which would allow me to get it done with a US stock (also can't find).
View Quote

Personally, I would not want to be limited to using only US-made mags.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#37]
How many USA parts do you need to be 922r compliant for sbr?  Depending on answer I will see if I get a pistol brace or sbr.  I haven’t sbr anything in a long time since the rule changes over 4 years ago
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How many USA parts do you need to be 922r compliant for sbr?  Depending on answer I will see if I get a pistol brace or sbr.  I haven’t sbr anything in a long time since the rule changes over 4 years ago
View Quote

IIRC, you need 6 compliance parts for an MP5, but it has been a while.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

As I understand, you need to swap 6 parts.

Easy/cheap:
Cocking Handle
Handguard
Magazine (3 parts? - seems a bad approach to be limited on mags)

Easy/not cheap
Trigger pack (4 parts)
Stock

My stamp is approved just need to find the parts.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Easy/cheap:
Cocking Handle
Handguard

Easy/not cheap
Trigger pack (4 parts)
Stock

View Quote

I don't think anyone is really bothering with this.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Dammit.  I missed this one too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Easy/cheap:
Cocking Handle
Handguard

Easy/not cheap
Trigger pack (4 parts)
Stock

View Quote

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildMP5VerifyCompliance

https://www.hkpro.com/threads/hk-sp5-sbr-922r.509242/

https://hkparts.net/shop/pc/hk-mp5-parts-c5/mp5-us-compliant-parts-922r-c235
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Congrats on a nice, score..would you mind emailing me the shop and know if he has more ?

ETA I’ve seen the German diopter sights pop up on GB for $75 ish shipped FYI. If you don’t care, US made ones can be found here at 1/4 price.
View Quote

It was Pistol Parlor, that was the only one they had
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dammit.  I missed this one too.
View All Quotes

Were they ever in stock to begin with? There are a lot of dealers showing sub 3K prices, but they haven't actually had guns for sale. Granted before things got stupid, quite a few people got guns for 2.5K and under, but many of those dealers didn't have online presence.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#46]
More SP5 side-folding braces came into stock for those looking:

http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=132991

More here:

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=41644&referrer=cnwr_back_in_stock

These things were pretty much unobtainium the last few months.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm glad to see a few places (AIM & Rainier Arms) aren't gouging. Refreshing in this climate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Were they ever in stock to begin with? There are a lot of dealers showing sub 3K prices, but they haven't actually had guns for sale. Granted before things got stupid, quite a few people got guns for 2.5K and under, but many of those dealers didn't have online presence.
View Quote

I don’t have shipping tracking yet but rainier contacted me for my ffl and responded to me when I sent it so I might have one coming lol
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
More SP5 side-folding braces came into stock for those looking:

http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=132991

More here:

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=41644&referrer=cnwr_back_in_stock

These things were pretty much unobtainium the last few months.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. Price is pretty good too at $157. Picked one up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I found someone that has a couple of SP5's available. New $4200 and used $3700. Debating on getting the used one as it is almost new. Just have a hard time letting go of the cash since the price is $1k + over where they were last year. What does the group think?

Finestkind
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top