Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10-4 just wanted to verify.  It is a little annoying as it makes noise, I've read there is a "Fix" by removing the front cap and inserting a piece of vacuum tubing to limit the amount of free movement although that sounds a little hokie to me.  My SP5K is tight, with just a little hint (like 1/2 a mm) of wiggle front to back.  I get it, the receiver is sheet metal so its not going to be near perfect like something that is machined.
View Quote
the sheet metal is perfect imho, its exactly to the spec and how it was designed would be the same if machined to that spec
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
front grip feels good, but not sure on the look

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone tell me about the buffer pads for MP5's?

I bought the HKPDW brace from SB Tactical, but you have to remove a portion of the buffer pad to get the brace to fit. The original end cap did not have any buffer pad, so I am assuming removing some of the buffer pad on the brace would not cause any issues?

These braces look really nice, but I don't want to risk messing anything up on my SP5.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me about the buffer pads for MP5's?

I bought the HKPDW brace from SB Tactical, but you have to remove a portion of the buffer pad to get the brace to fit. The original end cap did not have any buffer pad, so I am assuming removing some of the buffer pad on the brace would not cause any issues?

These braces look really nice, but I don't want to risk messing anything up on my SP5.

Thanks!
View Quote
I removed the buffer on my SB brace and had no issues. My form 1 was just approved and I put an A2 stock on that also does not have a buffer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, after a significant amount of consternation I passed up a SP5 a month ago and went with a CMMG Banshee.   Learned quickly that it was a gassy girl and we parted ways.   Another gun shop in town got 2 SP5s in a couple of days ago and I decided that God was telling me that it was meant to be because this gun shop does layaways.   I hope to have it out in time for spring.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Any eta on SP5Ks with threaded barrels and paddle mag releases?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
@bestiller

Do you have the aluminum B&t tri rail? I’ve been looking for pictures of one on a gun and can’t find any
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@bestiller

Do you have the aluminum B&t tri rail? I’ve been looking for pictures of one on a gun and can’t find any
View Quote
@rochelieux

Sorry, I don’t have the B&T tri rail
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any eta on SP5Ks with threaded barrels and paddle mag releases?
View Quote
I’m curious as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got an SP5!

$2350 sticker price.

I've already installed the KAC rail and I have lots of other goodies ready to go on.  I'm looking forward to shooting the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I finally got an SP5!

$2350 sticker price.

I've already installed the KAC rail and I have lots of other goodies ready to go on.  I'm looking forward to shooting the piss out of it.
View Quote

Man, WTF.  I had to pay 2700 to 2900 for both of mine.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

price point.

View Quote

I thanked the owner because he could have easily profited by selling on gunbroker or something like that.  He said that my business was more important than making a few extra bucks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@bestiller

View Quote

@rochelieux

These were just posted up on a B&T FB page...  The stocks are coming in too. They’ll be around $500.  Followed by a similar tail hook brace after that.

https://bt-parts.com/b-t-light-handguard-for-mp5-alumnium-with-3-x-nar/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#16]

btt
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks great
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]

It's slowly coming together.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/q95VzQb.jpg

It's slowly coming together.
View Quote

@pin
Very nice! I see you scored the B&T VFG and rails to go with the B&T forearm. What muzzle device is that?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got mine for $2,500 OTD. Was about to spend 3k on gunbroker and called my LGS to verify transfer fees. Its $25 if they don't have it in stock and $100 if they do. I told them well it's an SP5 so I know you don't have one. He tells me yeah we do it just went back on the wall, dude had it on layaway and couldn't pay it off by the deadline. Dropped what I was doing and ran straight over there
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#21]
@bestiller - you have a good eye! The muzzle device is just a Dead Air 3-lug adapter that I stuck on as an easter egg, while I wait for my Wolfman to get out of jail.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@bestiller - you have a good eye! The muzzle device is just a Dead Air 3-lug adapter that I stuck on as an easter egg, while I wait for my Wolfman to get out of jail.
View Quote

Oh, I see. Oh yeah the dreaded Form 4 wait. I’m waiting on a Qualified sear to clear Form 4 to my dealer and I don’t think this Covid BS is expediting clearances. My obligatory pic

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have info on HK releasing a K this year?

I had heard it’s a high probability it will happen, but when?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

No one really knows.  It’s mostly wishing that they will ship out another batch of SP5Ks, and they will come with the holy grail of a tri-lug barrel and paddle mag release.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ive been following that rumor since the start. There has never been any confirmation from HK as far I known. Just wishful thinking.

I wouldn't hold your breath tbh.

If it DOES come by some miracle I expect it wont be for a very long time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ive been following that rumor since the start. There has never been any confirmation from HK as far I known. Just wishful thinking.

I wouldn't hold your breath tbh.

If it DOES come by some miracle I expect it wont be for a very long time.
View Quote

Kind of what I figured and that this year would be very wishful thinking.

Not opposed to a clone, but nothing has been in stock even before the panic. I’d like to find a zenith, maybe a POF but I’m not sure those are even being imported anymore.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Not to derail the thread, pertaining to zenith  I ran across this post today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#28]
@bestiller - that's a sexy combo there... are you going to put an optic on it?

I've been going back and forth on replacing the rear sight with the M8 RMR mount instead of trying to find an HK diopter.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
@pin - I have a Aimpoint CompM5 on it (top picture) and I run a Aimpoint Micro on my MP5K. I resisted optics for a long time on my HK roller locks but I finally gave in, shooting with red dots is just so much faster and easier the older that I get.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone have confirmation of a 3 lugged, paddle mag K gone actually coming out? Wondering if I should bother waiting, or pick up a PTR to scratch the K itch.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone have confirmation of a 3 lugged, paddle mag K gone actually coming out? Wondering if I should bother waiting, or pick up a PTR to scratch the K itch.
View Quote

It doesn't seem anyone has any actual info on an updated K model. Everyone seems to be banking on a combination of wishful thinking along with hopes and prayers. If I were trying to get one, I'd pull the trigger on a clone.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It doesn't seem anyone has any actual info on an updated K model. Everyone seems to be banking on a combination of wishful thinking along with hopes and prayers. If I were trying to get one, I'd pull the trigger on a clone.
View Quote

I bought an Sp5 about 2 months back. I'd rather not say which store or where.
Woman at the store seemed to really know a lot about HK's, and she told me directly that her HK rep said there'd be paddle/tri-lug K's by fall.

I had only asked about the K, she volunteered that info. I jumped immediately on the waitlist.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Woman at the store seemed to really know a lot about HK's, and she told me directly that her HK rep said there'd be paddle/tri-lug K's by fall.

I had only asked about the K, she volunteered that info. I jumped immediately on the waitlist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If true, I’d get on the waitlist for as many as you can, because much like the SP5, you can throw MSRP out the door, The demand market will drive the price up, because everyone seems to be waiting on the K. Personally, I went the conversion route with an SP5K but I’d grab a few more if I had the opportunity.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I don’t have an SP5K. I’m waiting for a bit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If true, I’d get on the waitlist for as many as you can, because much like the SP5, you can throw MSRP out the door, The demand market will drive the price up, because everyone seems to be waiting on the K. Personally, I went the conversion route with an SP5K but I’d grab a few more if I had the opportunity.
View Quote

Yup, I'm on several waitlists for K's. 8 Sp5's and 2 K's in hand so far.
I've got a big family, and when I'm gone and they open that crate, going to be a Red and Black Christmas Day for erryone.
Can't take it with you, but you can make people smile even after you're gone.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've got a big family, and when I'm gone and they open that crate, going to be a Red and Black Christmas Day for erryone.
View Quote

For sure. These things are like crack. No issues paying above MSRP for all of mine. I remember what happened in ‘89 and the poors will be sad when it happens again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

For sure. These things are like crack. No issues paying above MSRP for all of mine. I remember what happened in ‘89 and the poors will be sad when it happens again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I know a couple individuals sitting on double digit numbers of NIB SP5s. I grabbed mine (my 5th HK MP5) and not long after had the opportunity to grab 2 more at 2400 each OTD but passed.(a regrettable decision) By the time the SP5 dropped last fall, I’d been bit by the full auto bug and was in pursuit of FA sear pack. I now sit waiting on a Qualified Mfg sear pack and a Colt M16A1 to clear Form 4. That being said, I’ll gladly grab an un-neutered SP5K is one comes my way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I was able to redeem a SP5 out of layaway jail that a previous customer put there to linger. The shop called the customer and offered to let him out of the restocking fee and get his full refund if he wanted to let it go. I was able to get it for a good price OTD and couldn’t be happier!

Did I need a third MP5 clone? No. I needed the real thing!

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Have we heard much on a new, updated SP5K coming to the states?  I'd probably have to get one to go with my SP5.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:14:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Have we heard much on a new, updated SP5K coming to the states?  I'd probably have to get one to go with my SP5.
View Quote

ArmsUnlimited dropped a pile of neutered European SP5Ks on their website today and their moving like hot cakes at $2995.
Maybe they’re dumping old stock to make room for something else, like the new updated SP5K???....time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

ArmsUnlimited dropped a pile of neutered European SP5Ks on their website today and their moving like hot cakes at $2995.
Maybe they’re dumping old stock to make room for something else, like the new updated SP5K???....time will tell.
View Quote

Nope, from the HK forum, HK is not happy that these even got imported to AU. These were originally sold to a another European distributer, that resold them them to AU. Also according to HKUSA, they are currently out of mp5 parts to sell, and HK in Germany is running low on Mp5 parts, and to not expect a next shipment of anything till November.

For the record AU has 41 left!
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nope, from the HK forum, HK is not happy that these even got imported to AU. These were originally sold to a another European distributer, that resold them them to AU. Also according to HKUSA, they are currently out of mp5 parts to sell, and HK in Germany is running low on Mp5 parts, and to not expect a next shipment of anything till November.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I followed that HKPro  thread from the start, it’s only speculation (“word on the street”) that HK USA is “upset” about this dumping of neutered SP5Ks. Who knows.
I can tell you who’s really upset about this batch of SP5Ks, are the poor fools that dumped 7-10k on GB for these believing that they were “ultra rare”. Keystone Arms listed one that went to $10,125 on GB. That poor guy that bought this has to be having chest pain

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I followed that HKPro  thread from the start, it’s only speculation (“word on the street”) that HK USA is “upset” about this dumping of neutered SP5Ks. Who knows.
I can tell you who’s really upset about this batch of SP5Ks, are the poor fools that dumped 7-10k on GB for these believing that they were “ultra rare”. Keystone Arms listed one that went to $10,125 on GB. That poor guy that bought this has to be having chest pain

View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Just took the plunge into the world of the MP5.

I was at Bass Pro and they had an SP5 sitting in the case for $2,599.

As soon as I picked it up I knew it had to be mine but I needed to run home and grab a credit card so I had them hold it in the back for me.

When I returned and asked the guy to get it he came back out and said “I grabbed you the one we didn’t have on display”.

I kind of just stood there like an idiot for a second as my brain struggled to process what I just heard but I finally managed to croak out “You mean you have two?”

Currently in day two of what should hopefully only be a three day wait for the background check to clear.

After stacking the military discount they offer, the discounted Raise gift cards I bought and the cash back from the credit card I used to buy the gift cards, I got the pair for right at 5k out the door.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

As soon as I picked it up I knew it had to be mine but I needed to run home and grab a credit card so I had them hold it in the back for me.

When I returned and asked the guy to get it he came back out and said “I grabbed you the one we didn’t have on display”.

I kind of just stood there like an idiot for a second as my brain struggled to process what I just heard but I finally managed to croak out “You mean you have two?”

Currently in day two of what should hopefully only be a three day wait for the background check to clear.

After stacking the military discount they offer, the discounted Raise gift cards I bought and the cash back from the credit card I used to buy the gift cards, I got the pair for right at 5k out the door.
View Quote

Well, god damned, done!
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I absolutely would. I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw my first SP5k when they first came out until I discovered no tri lug and no paddle. Took my ball and went home. Christmas came again when I found my SP5.

I honestly believe they will release a proper SP5k now that they've figured out the import/export restrictions that prohibited them the first time, especially with the overwhelming success and satisfaction of the proper SP5 and the hate of the current configurarion of the SP5k
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I absolutely would. I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw my first SP5k when they first came out until I discovered no tri lug and no paddle. Took my ball and went home. Christmas came again when I found my SP5.

I honestly believe they will release a proper SP5k now that they've figured out the import/export restrictions that prohibited them the first time, especially with the overwhelming success and satisfaction of the proper SP5 and the hate of the current configurarion of the SP5k
View Quote

You can say "hate" all you want, but they aren't having a problem moving them! Too bad. I wish the SP5Ks were impossible to sell, while the SP5s flew off the shelf! THAT would send a message as to what the consumer wants.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow! I would have loved to see the look in the store clerk's eyes when you gathered your wits and muttered "I'll take both." At that price, snatch them both up!
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

$2599!...You made the right move! In this environment, if they had 20 in stock, it would be a safe bet to buy them all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Just brought them home.

10 round mags because fuck CO.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top