Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2017 1:27:31 AM EDT
I saw some photos and videos a while back of this thing, which was either a whole package or just the brace with an adapter to fit on a pair of HK stock rails; I couldn't tell which.  

Anyway, does anyone know whether these are actually ever coming out?  I haven't been able to find any recent info.

Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope this hits the market soon. I am also interested in one for the AR
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the Tailhook Mod 3.  I dont think the Mod 2 has been released yet as it was originally projected for summer and now I am reading September.   Hopefully the Mod 3 won't be far behind, but I havent read anything on it.

No mention of the Mod 3 in their youtube video from triggercon earlier this month.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the first brace I've seen that doesn't look like boiled syphilis.

That said, by the time that thing comes out you could probably get your tax stamp approved.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That said, by the time that thing comes out you could probably get your tax stamp approved.
View Quote
I bet it is going to be expensive

A Dec 2016 write up on the Tailhooks

http://shwat.com/tailhook-pistol-brace-gear-head-works-changes-the-pistol-vs-sbr-game-in-2017/

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I asked gear head works just a few days ago when it was going to come out.  They had no timeline.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I asked gear head works just a few days ago when it was going to come out.  They had no timeline.
View Quote
Bummer. Because I really want one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet it is going to be expensive

A Dec 2016 write up on the Tailhooks

http://shwat.com/tailhook-pistol-brace-gear-head-works-changes-the-pistol-vs-sbr-game-in-2017/

http://shwat.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Tailhook-Mod-1-on-HK-A3-stock.jpg
That too. It'll probably cost more than making it an SBR, and it'll probably take longer than making it an SBR. It doesn't seem like a great idea at this point unless you really, really want to retain its legal status as a pistol for ease of transport across state lines or selling it later on. And you give up the ability to use the excellent A2 stocks and B&T folding stocks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That too. It'll probably cost more than making it an SBR, and it'll probably take longer than making it an SBR. It doesn't seem like a great idea at this point unless you really, really want to retain its legal status as a pistol for ease of transport across state lines or selling it later on. And you give up the ability to use the excellent A2 stocks and B&T folding stocks.
View Quote
 From a couple of people I talked to, they were pretty happy with the SBT B&T style/logo folding stock braces.   And, of course, all states dont allow SBRs  (at least I thought there were still a couple but did not verify)
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Any new updates on a release date?
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any new updates on a release date?
View Quote
I just went looking for Mod 3 info recently and could not find any updates.    Looks like Mod 2 was delayed from original dates so now they are trying to handle delivery of all those orders.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I saw some photos and videos a while back of this thing, which was either a whole package or just the brace with an adapter to fit on a pair of HK stock rails; I couldn't tell which.

Anyway, does anyone know whether these are actually ever coming out?  I haven't been able to find any recent info.

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/MP5-RH-collapsed-logo-sized.jpg
View Quote
I have the SB tactical folder on my Zenith, but if that comes out I would probably trade up to that.............looks real nice
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a used POF A3 stock and a Tail Hook.  Still trying to figure out how to connect the two.  A guy on Pro turned his own piece of aluminum and it turned out nice.  I have no lathe so I might just cut some pipe.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought a used POF A3 stock and a Tail Hook.  Still trying to figure out how to connect the two.  A guy on Pro turned his own piece of aluminum and it turned out nice.  I have no lathe so I might just cut some pipe.
View Quote
I was thinking about what I'd do if I found a cheap A3 stock, because I don't have a lathe either. I think I'd get some nylon rod of the right diameter. It's cheap and easily manipulated with hand tools.

Something like this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was thinking about what I'd do if I found a cheap A3 stock, because I don't have a lathe either. I think I'd get some nylon rod of the right diameter. It's cheap and easily manipulated with hand tools.

Something like this.
View Quote
The only issue i was wondering about would be whether it's ATF approved if you roll your own like that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Something like this.
View Quote
Good find and cheap as well.

I was looking at these adapters last night.  I figured I would cut off most of the material but leave the "lip" and then install it backwards.  That lip would be away from the weapon and keep the tailhook from sliding backwards.

I am 2 months out from getting an MP5.  If in that time the SB Tactical hit the shelves at $150 I might be tempted to sell the tailhook and A3.  I have the folding SB Tac on an Z-5P and its been great.

EDIT:  Since there is a hole people are filling it!  Just found these guys.  They will modify your 4 Position ATI stock only for $65.  You add a tailhook.

https://techsmithmfg.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmp5-telescopic-tailhook-adapter-stock-conversion-required
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 1:22:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. Nothing beats a real stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep. Nothing beats a real stock.
View Quote
I myself love SBRs however there are some serious drawbacks.  The biggest one for me is that I can not have one loaded in my car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top