Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 2:32:24 PM EDT
The goal was to have a clone G3 7.62 DMR that would be effective to 300 yards and get close out to 600 yards.   The checklist of parts were a quality optic and mount up to 4x, bipod, any necessary stock modifications for scope usage, and performance improvement of the weapon if surplus funds allow.  Also for a platform to have new shooters have fun hitting targets with a scoped rifle for the first time.  

Weapon:
 The PTR-91A3 from Atlantic was a solid base.  They pretty much added the paddle magazine release to their lineup with little price increase.  
A US produced wide forend saved money on a new fore end or adapter to mount the bipod.  $1000.00 OTD from local FFL

BiPod:  These bipods used to be much more expensive.  This is MKE production, I believe.     Robert RTG had HK contract bipods for the wide fore end for only $80.00.  

Optic and Mount:
 Steiner P4Xi with factory mount $480.00

Stock modifications:  This weapon has to fit multiple shooters.  The Spuhr stock will be added eventually. Pipe insulation and gorilla tape till then.  $5.00?

Performance upgrade:
 "Match" Semi Auto Sear Spring.  Not springing for a factory HK Pack anytime soon.   $18.00

So we are at $1583.00 for a reliable, semi auto 7.62 rifle with a quality optic, factory bipod, and serviceable furniture and trigger.  

Now just for the promo mount to come in the mail............

Magazines were bought at $0.50 and $0.90. Which was HIGH at the time.

This leaves money for the important part:  trigger time and practice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That'll be a good shooting rifle, I put a bipod on my A3R and surplus leather sling. Still need to find a scope and I'd like a better trigger.

I've only taken it out to about 100 yards but I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top