User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
@franklinarmory

Will this trigger work with the HK SP5K?

Also, any word on review videos from anyone?
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Still looking like end of September on shipping?  I'm really eager to get mine and try it out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for test results.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested in a Franklin trigger for an AR and/or MPX.  I am leery of spending around $400 on a trigger that has a one year warranty.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Tic tock tic tock tic tock tic tock tic tock.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I emailed Franklin Armory and asked if they still intended to start shipping the new HK binary triggers in September. This is their response that I received on 9/26:
"The first ones should leave this week."
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Price is crazy high- even when you factor in R&D etc.  I check one out when they get in the $200 range and are reliable
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Well. That's just fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
So they need to wait for the new SP5K to be sure it works in the SP5K..but can ship to reviewers..even though it might not work in the SP5K.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]
So, we're not shipping because we don't have an SP5K that's been on the market for a year to test it in... Not because of the parts that aren't finished.  Got it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#15]
thats retarded

ship the triggers to those that dont have a 5k

they are waiting on a sample vs buying one after charging 600 for a trigger

terrible excuse
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#16]
double
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, I've got an Omega.  I can has trigger nao, plz?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#18]
While I like the concept, I am not sold on the price, looks of the selector and Franklin's knowledge of the HK platform.

The SP5k comment is funny, as they have been working on it for awhile and it's not like the SP5k is some new creature.  Anyone who knows HK's should know that the SEF trigger packs and housings are not interchangeable with Ambi housings, selectors.  That being said, the SP5k uses an  Ambi housing and pack.  Therefore if you build your product around an SEF pack, common sense would say that you would need to to use a SEF housing with the Franklin binary trigger.

Time will tell, but hopefully another player will step up and make something that looks better and is priced a little lower.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#20]
So you lost 4 months waiting to be given a SP5K instead of going out and buying one?

And given the option of coming to market for all other HKs and certifying SP5K later, you still chose to lose 4 months?

How to Calculate the Cost of Being Late to Market
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
However, anyone that finds this "retarded" is welcome to receive a full refund on Monday.
View Quote
Wow. Piss in the face of your customers. Another brilliant business strategy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No.  Not at all.  Offering a refund is a way to respect our customers.

We didn't expect delays when we offered the SKU, but clearly we had to make corrections in order to provide a trigger that is universally suitable.  To do otherwise would be a "piss in the face."
View Quote
I agree on SP5K, hence why I think you should have gotten one from the market months ago. Now if you find out it is not compatible, you are going to be set back even more months.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#25]
On one hand, it sucks that trigger shipment is delayed even further (especially with shooting weather coming to a close).  On the other hand, I'd rather a little more time is taken to make the product as perfect and reliable as possible.  However, the thought of another redesign delay sucks.  Wouldn't it be simpler to just market a trigger design for specific guns rather than one universally compatible design?  (Legit questions. I'm not a business owner, so I honestly would like to know.)
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So you lost 4 months waiting to be given a SP5K instead of going out and buying one?

And given the option of coming to market for all other HKs and certifying SP5K later, you still chose to lose 4 months?

How to Calculate the Cost of Being Late to Market
View Quote
Selling them for the price of a decent kidney will make up for being late to market.

Not buying an SP5K to test this product on is retarded. For the fucking price of this trigger, Franklin can buy guns and test their shit on it. What a joke.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's not the housing that is the issue.  It is the bolt height relative to the hammer position.  

Since ATF will not like to see a trigger on the market that works great on some models but operates poorly in others, we have had to re-engineer things several times since we started.  For instance, what worked for the PTR-91 and C93, did not work on the 94 clone.  When we re-engineered to work for the 94 clone, we found that the Omega was different.  Then we found that the K model was different enough still.  Ultimately, we have been able to re-engineer and make things reverse compatible, but the improvements have come at the cost of time.  This project has literally been like designing four separate triggers and making them reverse compatible with each other.  We realize that the SP5k has an ambi housing.  We will be testing the SP5k with several housings to ensure compatibility eve n if the ambi housing is incompatible.  

The SP5k is scheduled to arrive on Monday.  I will personally test it, and certify that everything is good to go.  Then the pre-production samples will be immediately released for independent review.

Just today, I shot another 1000 rounds on the same pack, changing ejectors for each caliber.  Everything ran perfectly, and I am confident that those that have been waiting since May will be very happy with their BFSIII for HK.  However, anyone that finds this "retarded" is welcome to receive a full refund on Monday.
View Quote
Thanks for the explanation.  I understand not wanting to get into a situation that would draw attention from the ATF (i.e. Creating an illegal machine gun)

Was this a problem specifically due to the design of the binary system and its operation?  I ask as I have never heard of an issue with swapping a semi auto SEF style pack between various HK's and HK clones.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Your question is at the heart of the matter.  Unfortunately releasing a trigger that works with 91s and 93s, but fails with some 94s would result in ATF demanding a customer list, recall, etc.  Whence we were aware of the problem, we had to hold off on distribution.  This is also why we are making certain that the SP5K runs perfect before sending out samples fore review.
View Quote
How would that cause a recall on them if its sold solely for the HK91/93 and a separate model sold for the 94, The ATF isn't contacting people with ALG AK triggers because they don't work in an AR15. You just sell them as separate models. Are they going to to recall your AR trigger because it doesn't work in an HK?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How would that cause a recall on them if its sold solely for the HK91/93 and a separate model sold for the 94, The ATF isn't contacting people with ALG AK triggers because they don't work in an AR15. You just sell them as separate models. Are they going to to recall your AR trigger because it doesn't work in an HK?
View Quote
The concern , as far as I understand it , is not about 94 trigger not working in 91 - it's about 94 trigger turning 91 into a machine gun.  Not an issue with AR / AK triggers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, it looks like they're going to ban bump stocks. Binary triggers will be next.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well, it looks like they're going to ban bump stocks. Binary triggers will be next.
View Quote
Like I said, late to market can be costly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#34]
If they ban binary triggers, I wonder if the one's already owned will be grandfathered in?  Or if customer lists will be turned over to the ATF and owners will receive a nice letter saying to turn them in...?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If they ban binary triggers, I wonder if the one's already owned will be grandfathered in?  Or if customer lists will be turned over to the ATF and owners will receive a nice letter saying to turn them in...?
View Quote
You probably won't be asked to turn it in, you just won't be allowed to shoot it. IMO     I'm hoping FA jumps in here and makes a comment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, that won't happen. It won't be a nice letter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
2)  Customer lists are not something that we willingly share with anyone.
3)  We have an attorney on our board that is willing to file injunctions and litigate any action that would jeopardize that privacy.
View Quote
Good policy but,

FEDEX, USPS, UPS will give ATF shipping records without your knowledge, as they have done in the past.

Stay strong.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You probably won't be asked to turn it in, you just won't be allowed to shoot it. IMO     I'm hoping FA jumps in here and makes a comment.
View Quote
the first draft, there will be many more, makes possession illegal.--- the NRA will probably send people to your house to collect them and ask you for a donation to protect your 2A rights
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.

Akins Accelerator. A little different because they popped that spring in there, but, they knew where they all went.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We have asked for a sample SP5K, and while HK has been nice enough to offer sending us one, it still has not arrived.  I suspect that the worst case will be that the housing will need to be replaced due to the larger ambi holes, but I won't know until it comes in.
View Quote
IIRC that was like 3 or 4 months ago.... Why not just take some of the preorder $ and buy one to test with or put a wanted add on your FB page and offer someone a free trigger if they send you one?

ETA: answered above... so the pack that will be coming out already works on what is out in the wild (pre-oct 2017) but you're waiting for the "next gen" design to verify it will still work?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#42]
It's not the extra wait....it's the thought of a three letter gov't agency knocking on my door, probably shooting my dog, that makes me really consider cancelling my order.  Stupid laws.  Kind of an awful way to gamble with the possibility of losing $600-700 dollars worth of a trigger in the next few months.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything that effects the trigger to make a semi auto fire faster is likely to get banned soon. It sucks but it is the reality now.
I doubt there will be a grandfather clause or anything similar because most things like triggers and bump stocks have no serial number to track or any way to prove a ''made on date''.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
 There are a lot of hypothetical questions out there, and it is too early to try to guess at what will happen next.  Who would have guessed that the NRA would have abdicated their responsibility today?  Not me!  After reading Wayne and Chris' statement, it makes me want to run for the Board of Directors for NRA.  This is not the way the organization should be run.

Skipping the hypothetical scenarios, I can provide the following facts:  
1)  We will follow the law at all times.
2)  Customer lists are not something that we willingly share with anyone.
3)  We have an attorney on our board that is willing to file injunctions and litigate any action that would jeopardize that privacy.
4)  We are still moving forward with this production run.
View Quote
Thanks for the info/update.  

Are we still looking at end of October?  I'd like to have mine in hand before it gets banned.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:12:38 AM EDT
[#46]
For the Franklin Armory guys;

Have any of you thought about selling these over the counter somewhere?

I’ll bet a lot of folks would make the drive to wherever.

Cash is king. NO receipt needed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:00:32 AM EDT
[#48]
you know buying test guns is a business expense right?   still not as bad as C Products basing their new 9mm Colt magazine copy off a carbon Bushmaster 9mm, lol wtf...  yes that happened.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m just glad something like this is coming to the market. I have a Fostech DefensAR stock and it’s my favorite rifle to bring to the range. This should be pretty fun to put in my PTR 91 A3R, and I’m looking forward to the better trigger pull.

I’m not a huge fan of the stock trigger, it’s ok but substantially longer pull and mushier break compared to an AR15.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#50]
For the SP5K, what trigger housing is recommended?  I want to leave my stock housing intact.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top