Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2012 10:49:52 AM EDT

I managed one range trip last week, but I still haven't got good accuracy testing done with it. In less than optimum conditions I got 35-45mm 5-shot groups at 100 meters.  Shooting wasn't particlarly easy in dim light on ad-hoc targets whilst freezing my butt off in thin clothes. Best was a a 18mm group of 3 shots, but I also screwed up many groups. I hope that I'll get to the range next weekend to get some real results.

Typical group:
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice––- great pics!!!
Why in Finland and not in the U.S.?

Tony
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Tony

We have the MR762 (why it's inch bore measurement of .308 inch in Finland, and metric measurement of 7.62mm in the US where we still have standard measure is typical HK marketing mystery) available in the US this month.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding groupings with an ACOG.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tony

Considering all the nice things you have over there, it is only fair for you to wait a bit more. ;)

In the pics:
H&K MR308 with 20" barrel
ACOG TA11 on an ARMS dual lever mount
Troy Ind. Micro set with H&K style front (It tells about quality of the rifle and sights that when zeroing them it took only couple of clicks from center position to have them on mark)
Versapod #150-925
BR-suppressors TR8 Scout reflex suppressor
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony

We have the MR762 (why it's inch bore measurement of .308 inch in Finland, and metric measurement of 7.62mm in the US where we still have standard measure is typical HK marketing mystery) available in the US this month.

An off the wall guess is that the version for Europe is so called and probably stamped .308 instead of 7.62 nato because some European countries don't allow their citizens to own weapons chambered in a military caliber and that's a easy loophole I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony

An off the wall guess is that the version for Europe is so called and probably stamped .308 instead of 7.62 nato because some European countries don't allow their citizens to own weapons chambered in a military caliber and that's a easy loophole I'd imagine.

But since the chamber is the same, you would think those governments would be smarter than that. Or maybe not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
"308 Win" on the receiver says it all...very nice
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"308 Win" on the receiver says it all...very nice

I kind of like the "Mister 308" myself.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking stick. And good groups I think. I'm a southern boy and we have serious issues with comprehending exactly how big things are using the metric system. If you'll give me your Address, I'll be happy to send you a ruler with inches on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's quite simple. Germany and the most of the European states too are members of the C.I.P. agreement community. And the civilian name of a 7,62 mm x 51, (you would write it 7.62 NATO I think), following this agreement, is .308 Win.
I would say it's a good idea of the HK marketing that they rename their 416/417s. MatchRifle223 (Rem) and MR308 (Win)  makes them really civil = non evil...
Look, even our surplus ammo must be C.I.P.ed = proofed a second time and, that is really crazy I think, ink stamped with the civilian name of the cartridge  on each case.

But you live on the happy side of the big pond. You can buy a MR762. It's a emotional sales argument I think. Sounds tacticool.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's quite simple. Germany and the most of the European states too are members of the C.I.P. agreement community. And the civilian name of a 7,62 mm x 51, (you would write it 7.62 NATO I think), following this agreement, is .308 Win.
I would say it's a good idea of the HK marketing that they rename their 416/417s. MatchRifle223 (Rem) and MR308 (Win)  makes them really civil = non evil...
Look, even our surplus ammo must be C.I.P.ed = proofed a second time and, that is really crazy I think, ink stamped with the civilian name of the cartridge  on each case.

But you live on the happy side of the big pond. You can buy a MR762. It's a emotional sales argument I think. Sounds tacticool.

I'd be happy with either one!

Link Posted: 1/25/2012 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice looking stick. And good groups I think. I'm a southern boy and we have serious issues with comprehending exactly how big things are using the metric system. If you'll give me your Address, I'll be happy to send you a ruler with inches on it.

Thanks for the offer! Actually we do have inches on our calipers, but the whole inches/feet/yard thing is so messed up that it is beyond my comprehension. Must work both ways...

Anyways, I think we may have common ground with minutes of an angle.  I shot one fluke group of 0,6MOA, rest of them being between 1,2 and 1,6MOA. without myself messing them up. But I do think it should do quite a bit better than that, actually. I have some nice targets custom made specifically to shoot accurately with an ACOG and I am hoping I can get to the range next weekend. Temps are dropping so it may not be possible, but I do hope I could get there and get my average much closer to 1 MOA
which I believe the rifle is capable of.
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony

Considering all the nice things you have over there, it is only fair for you to wait a bit more. ;)

In the pics:
H&K MR308 with 20" barrel
ACOG TA11 on an ARMS dual lever mount
Troy Ind. Micro set with H&K style front (It tells about quality of the rifle and sights that when zeroing them it took only couple of clicks from center position to have them on mark)
Versapod #150-925
BR-suppressors TR8 Scout reflex suppressor

OK then––- I will have some Valmet items please!!!

Tony
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Some Government issue Valmets?

Or will you be satisfied with my Sako?

Link Posted: 1/25/2012 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top