Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2010 1:30:40 PM EDT
I want to mount an Eotech to my CETME and I want to be able to still use the irons. I can't afford to spend a lot but I don't want pure crap, either. What should I buy and where should I buy it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:06:24 PM EDT
Weld it on like I did
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:10:36 AM EDT
I was considering that but I want to be able to use the irons without removing the Eotech. I doubt anything will sit low enough that I could co-witness but some of the mounts appear high enough that I could look under the mount if the optic died.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:40:54 AM EDT
Try contacting Turbothis at the militaryfirearm.com forum. He make weld on rails (I think they run around $35) that sit pretty low that might work. I think you will have a hard time finding a mount that will stay put and that you can see under.

I wonder how high your EoTech would sit on a "Turbothis" rail if the Eoteh was mounted in a QD LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:28:39 AM EDT
http://www.robertrtg.com/hklowprofilescopemount.html

This should work. If the link is not working, it's Robertrtg.com

He has all kinds of things HK
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 8:56:59 AM EDT by bluefalcon]
That looks good and they have a 623 area code which means they're right around the corner from me. I guess I'll have to pony up and get a LaRue mount, though. I love his stuff, but my wallet doesn't. If it was in a QD mount, I wouldn't really need to co witness.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:15:56 PM EDT
On my other CETME I have the Tapco Swat mount it has been holding up real good . The B-Square mount I had was a piece of ( SHIT ) I think I paid about 35 bucks for it It is the one on the left
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:21:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kpd007:
http://www.robertrtg.com/hklowprofilescopemount.html

This should work. If the link is not working, it's Robertrtg.com

He has all kinds of things HK

Just to let you know, I have used a rail similar to the one above on my cetme and it would not stay put on the receiver. That is why I am going with a weld on rail.
Top Top