Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 4:39:18 AM EDT
I've just finished sighting in an HK94 with an 8.6" barrel.  It's dead center at 25 yards, but I can't find any data as to what the nornal drop will be at 100 yards - the max effective range (?) or in other words, how much will I have to hold over the target to hit dead center at the 100 yard range?  I'm shooting a so called normal military load (9mm, 124 gr FMJ, Chinese NORINCO).  Any info on the balistics for that barrel length and round, and what would be the lethal range of this combo?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Without knowing the muzzle velocity, it's hard to know for sure, but grabbing the data from the Winchester site for their 124 grain FMJ (USA9MM), they show a muzzle velocity of 1140 fps. With a 25-yard zero, it will hit approximately 9.1" low at 100-yards.

Or, if you want a ballpark 100-yard zero, adjust the sites so that you hit about 2.3" high at 25-yards.

BTW, exterior ballistics data from the Hornady reloading books.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a little info that might help you: Sight Adjustment.  It gives point of impact as being same at 25 and 75 yd.s using NATO ammo.  Hope this helps, ARKAR.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]
MP5guy and ARKAR, Thanks.  That is exactly the info I needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top