Its a Centary Arms rifle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
$400-450 depending on condition.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
$400-450 depending on condition.

yeah  id agree to that.. BUT..  if he has extras,parts is it all new insides ect all that plays into it. if its bare bones, from century then   the mid 4's   is a place to start.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not worth the price the trash company charges to pick up your trash! Cenyury is not known for quality, you would be better off putting the $$ toward a JLD.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Basically, its just an older,. niot shot very much CETME.  

Its rough looking and the welds suck.

Even if I don;t buy it, I want to let him know how much its worth.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Its rough looking and the welds suck.

Yeah..  and I'll venture a guess that it's even worse 'inside'.

You would be wise to pass on it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's not worth the price the trash company charges to pick up your trash! Cenyury is not known for quality, you would be better off putting the $$ toward a JLD.

I think this is a little harsh.  I will agree that CAI has had some quality issues but by no means are they trash.  I am one of the lucky ones I own a CETME that is a nail driver.  The one I own now is right out of the box accurate 1"-2" group at 100 yards.  I would definetly recommend a CAI CETME up against a CAI FAL.

Besides you can't go wrong with inexpensive parts and extremely cheap mags.  I purchased 10 mags at a gun show for $3 each.

As for the purchase price of 400-450 for a rough CETME it is not worth it.  You can buy them new from CAI for $399.99
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
they sold new for $300 up to the begining of '05.  i don't care if they are not that available anymore, a rough rifle with crappy welds should not appreciate in value.  get it for $300 or less i think it would be worth it.  personally i would take the $450 and apply it to a JLD.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#8]
On the Century CETMEs, (and G-3s too) have him pull the bolt and carrier.

Seperate the Bolt and Carrier and look at the surface of the rear of the bolt and front of the carrier.

On many of the Century guns, the Damn Dirty Apes at Century just GROUND the surfaces down to try and correct worn headspace.  The proper method is to instead invest  15 minutes and 15 dollars to insert the correct +2 or +4 replacement rollers.   But would Century every do it correctly??? in my experience - Sadly NO!!

A Ground gun is worth much less, since that fairly screams "Head Space Problems", "Shoddy Century Assembly" (evidently by minium wage chimps), and "No One Gives A Crap Quality Control".

There is a long tack on this in the CETME files on the internet.  I've lost the URL, but you should be able to Google it up.

I've bought several Cetmes for $250 off the E.E., so I guess the key question is how experienced the buyer is.  Some Newboob at a Gunshow or Gunshop may pay $450 for a Century CETME.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
they sold new for $300 up to the begining of '05.  i don't care if they are not that available anymore, a rough rifle with crappy welds should not appreciate in value.  get it for $300 or less i think it would be worth it.  personally i would take the $450 and apply it to a JLD.

Again it only matters what the gun is worth to you.  I would not pay anymore than $400 for one now or in 5 years, but I have been lucky twice with CAI's and I have been damn happy with them.  Besides the welds being weak or "crappy" should not matter to the casual paper assassin.  It's not like you are going to use it to tow a truck or trailer with.  I can pretty much guarantee that no one on this forum is going to use a CETME or G3 for anything except paper targets.  Buy a CETME shoot the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a friend who is trying to sell it.  I didn't want to cheat him nor he me.

I have a pre-ban HK-91 and really have no interest in the CETME unless it is so cheap that I cound't pass it up.

Probably somehting that I am ont interested at any price over $200.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top