Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:34:38 AM EDT
anyone ever use S&B .308 ammo in hk91 or any of its clones?thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I've fired a couple hundred rounds of their 147gr FMJ, no problems.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
assuming you are talking about the 80's ammo packed in blue boxes, 1260 or so to a crate... interesting that it is marked .308, that threw me off on what it was.  Other S&B cals. are newer prod. and better

I ordered about 2500 rounds of it.  Was pricey, but I thought it was newer prod., wasn't told date, was told non-corrosive,  

Was a bit disappointed, I'd say it's blast fast, don't worry about accuracy, be sure to clean your gun ammo

Def. aint SHTF, but my 1919 sure likes it....  would say big step up from Indian, but prefer SA (the crates I have of SA anyway....)

Wish the crates came w/ that 20 round/box, modern, shiny , Boxer stuff that's like $10/20

my FFL ordered it for me, now I order my own ammo....

but to answer question, yes HK91 loves it (reliable), couple of "small" probs. feeding into M14 that I never had w/other mil. surp.  When I cleared those couple FTF's, bullets were canted a bit, but that prob. happened w/feeding.    

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
May I jump in here about using XM80PD in your rifles?

Any problems?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top