Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 12:49:06 PM EDT
Where (online) do you recommend purchasing mags for the PTR-91? Should they be aluminum or steel?

Thanks from a newbie...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where (online) do you recommend purchasing mags for the PTR-91? Should they be aluminum or steel?

Thanks from a newbie...

Ive got a bunch of new ones for $3.00 each
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I got most of mine from tapco, and I prefer aluminum just because they are lighter.  They cost less too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Steel: CDNN Investments
Aluminum: TAPCO
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer steel because they are stronger.  Tha said I have plenty of both.  They are pretty much dirt cheep.  For a while you could get like new ones from TAPCO for $1each for like new aluminum ones and 3 to four dollars each for like new steel ones.  They both feedwell which is what matters in the end.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
G3 mags? You are lucky as the market is flooded with them. Be aware of your 922r parts count when you use replacements. You can have two or even three domestic parts in a mag. Its not like you will get checked, but if you did it would suck.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My $0.02.  Order the 50 slightly rusty steel mags from Tapco for $1.00 each.  When you receive them, disassemble and clean with WD40 and steel wool.  According to other threads on these mags, you'll have about 30-40 very good to excelent mags,  10-15 good condition mags and may have to discard a couple (be sure to salvage the follower, spring, and baseplate!).  When you're done, regardless of the way they clean up you'll have $1.00 and change in each of the mags you plan on using.  I was really pleased with my steel ones, and I'd bought 50 of the like new alloy ones from Tapco in December for $1.00 each while they were available.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both steel and aluminum.  They both work fine.  Aluminum is lighter.

-BJohnson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top