Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 2:56:14 PM EDT
Currently in the process of building an HK-91 clone using a JLD receiver. I have a FMP kit that I bought from ORF and was wonderiing if the receivers are supposed to be that tight. I mean the bolt carrier is very tight when trying you try to insert it into the receiver. Before I work on the carrier I was wondering if this is normal with these type of receivers. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:04:09 PM EDT
Should slide right in, what appears to be binding?

Did you buy the receiver as new from a dealer?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:42:12 PM EDT
Yes I did (buy it new). I actually bought that from ORF as well. It appears to be tight on the sides. The receiver appeared to be brand new in the box.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:12:15 AM EDT
Check the bolt locking lever, it may be bent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:27:13 AM EDT
reverse it and put it in backwards.. does it slide in that way?

The SW3 receiver I built, was a little tight at first, but a once I had completed my build, I had put in and removed the carrier so many times it now slides right in without any hang ups..

I am guessing you don't have any other carriers to try?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:50:28 AM EDT
I went the same route you did and everything fit like a glove. I am extremly happy with the results.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:20:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Longboat:
reverse it and put it in backwards.. does it slide in that way?

The SW3 receiver I built, was a little tight at first, but a once I had completed my build, I had put in and removed the carrier so many times it now slides right in without any hang ups..

I am guessing you don't have any other carriers to try?

It's tight. I think I'll keep trying.
Top Top