Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:22:17 PM EDT
Hello all. Mostly been on the AR and handgun side of things, just started thinking about MP5s and clones. Unfortunetly, my state doesn't allow SBRs or FA to the people, so I gotta look at pistols or virgin receivers. I spent some time looking through the threads, but I see no good online sources for publications. I would be looking for manuals in PDF so I can tell for sure if a build would be in my future or if I want to just buy a BW89-SP. In one of the threads someone was talking about the cocking tube. There is some type of difference in length? Pics or a good way to find out all the info. needed to make a good guess as to the difficulty level to me.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If your thinking about Bobcat, then consider getting an HK-94.

There have been alot of former police HK-94's popping up lately. They cost more money, but according to SteyrAug (our resident HK guru) there is no comparison in quality. You should be able to find one on Gunbroker.com for $2,500-$3,000.

The HK-94 is basically a semi auto MP5 with a 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If your thinking about Bobcat, then consider getting an HK-94.

There have been alot of former police HK-94's popping up lately. They cost more money, but according to SteyrAug (our resident HK guru) there is no comparison in quality. You should be able to find one on Gunbroker.com for $2,500-$3,000.

The HK-94 is basically a semi auto MP5 with a 16" barrel.

I thought about that, but Iowa codes and Fedral codes won't let me build a rifle into a pistol. As I stated in the first post I want a short barrel and the only way I can get it in IA is to own a pistol. Thanks for that info on the DOC's released 94s. Now I just need to educate myself on the assembly of HK style weapons.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Bobcat MP5 clone and LOVE it, my buddy has a SW5 MP5 clone and he loves it as well.

I would have to recommend Bobcat, they quality is superb as well as their customer service.  With a lifetime warranty, how can you go wrong?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've got a Bobcat MP5 clone and LOVE it, my buddy has a SW5 MP5 clone and he loves it as well.

I would have to recommend Bobcat, they quality is superb as well as their customer service.  With a lifetime warranty, how can you go wrong?

How new is your Bobcat? I have heard that they initially had quality issues. Not much has been said about recent products. I could take that as a no news is good news, or be smart and keep asking people about their personal experiences. I choose the second option. Got any pics you can post of it, or IM to me?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a cast receiver SW5 that runs like a greased ape through a sorority house!  Even likes the straight mags... go figure!

Did you buy it as a complete rifle, or just the receiver?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top