Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:57:32 PM EDT
It looks just like a real HK flash supressor, was wondering how it works
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the flash hider from Jayson (IGF) It is not a 100% duplicate because it lacks the snap ring and milled slot. It is very well made if not a little pricey. Have not shot it in the dark. I needed it for compliance.

JR
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the flash hider from Jayson (IGF) It is not a 100% duplicate because it lacks the snap ring and milled slot. It is very well made if not a little pricey. Have not shot it in the dark. I needed it for compliance.

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Rotor_/th_400dc73e.jpg

JR

Nice wood!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one of those brakes on my PTR, to be honest I really can't tell if it reduces recoil or not. I mainly wanted it for looks, I bought it before the AWB ended. If I were to put one on now I would go with the FH.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:45:11 AM EDT
[#4]
kind of confused...are we talking about a muzzle brake or a flash supressor? The pick looks like a flash supressor, yet the post title is muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
kind of confused...are we talking about a muzzle brake or a flash supressor? The pick looks like a flash supressor, yet the post title is muzzle brake?

Basically, they took a stock flash hider and closed off the front of it, except for a hole big enough to squeeze a .308 bullet through.  That way they can call it a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider.  But from 10 feet away it looks like a regular flash hider.

I went "cheap" and bought JLDs $21 muzzle brake.  I'll find out this weekend if it does anything mroe than make more noise, but I needed it (+1 US part) to be able to swap out my JLD buttstock for a HK piece.

As soon as I can get a thread adapter from TROSUSA.com I will install a JP Enterprises Recoil Eliminator on my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Jayson at IGF Makes both fake and real flash Hiders as well as a  flash hider muzzle brake.
The brake must be newer. I don't recal him having that available when I got mine. Don't know how weel it works. I know one thing for sure. Having a Brake on you rifle is like having bad breath at the range. No one will like you much.

www.investmentgradefirearms.com/igfproducts.htm

JR

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. Let us know how that JLD brake works (if you notice reduced muzzle climb).

One more question, What type of IGF brake do you buy for PTRs? On his sight he mentions 'PRESS ON" for PTRs and THREADED for HKS/Cetmes. but my PTR barrel/flashhider is threaded (don't know if its standard HK threads though)????
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered one of the IGF flash hiders. If your barrel is threaded, order the threaded one. According to Jayson, it has HK threads. The older PTR barrels had no threads, thus the need for a press on unit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top