Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/18/2003 9:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2003 9:44:43 PM EDT by Eraser]
hey guys, i dont mean to open a huge can of worms here by asking such a broad question, with a hundred different choices for an answer.
i have never had very much experience with scopes. i just would like a push in the right direction here. i would like to put a scope on my HK, and want to know what the current makes and models are. i want something that can shoot out to 300 yards or so. i would prefer something that does not cost over a couple hundred (if possible), because i wont shoot it very often (i dont want a piece of junk either).
thanks for any advice!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2003 9:28:33 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:44:08 PM EDT
yeah, i just some mounts advertised elsewhere for over 200$...lol.
do you have a pic of your rifle with the scope mounted? if so, i would like to see it!
i dont care about the claw marks really... mine has a few scratches in the "paint" already.
i will revise the budget up to 4 or 5 hundred.
thanks for your advice!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:23:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:46:17 AM EDT
Eraser, as far as mounts go, you should really look at the receiver rails made by Brugger & Thomet. They will allow you to mount the scope a lot lower than an ARMS/HK claw mount and they won't nick up your receiver.

When you want to order one, contact B.L. Farley at Outdoor Specialties. He's a great guy to deal with and will give you honest advice.

BTW, I speak from experience. I purchased a B&T mount to put an EO Tech 552 on my HK-94.

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:05:14 AM EDT

Whatever you do,,DON'T buy the B-Square POS mount.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:24:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Waldo:

Whatever you do,,DON'T buy the B-Square POS mount.

LOL...
RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

I have an old HK 940 and i wasn't satisfied untill i got a HK clamp mount. mod#05???

my advice. go factory.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:21:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Matt_B:
Eraser, as far as mounts go, you should really look at the receiver rails made by Brugger & Thomet. They will allow you to mount the scope a lot lower than an ARMS/HK claw mount and they won't nick up your receiver.

When you want to order one, contact B.L. Farley at Outdoor Specialties. He's a great guy to deal with and will give you honest advice.

BTW, I speak from experience. I purchased a B&T mount to put an EO Tech 552 on my HK-94.

home.insightbb.com/~toneboy2000/images/05_hk94_001.jpg

Agree with Matt_B on his HK94. On any HK subguns, low profile mounts are the best.

With HK 91 (in this case) where 300 yds is the range, then I think high profile mount is the better. High profile will help to clear the rear sight when install power scope.
Top Top