Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I just had a very nice Soldiers Grade come in after 10 weeks (3/1 - 5/15).  Will get pics up shortly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just had a very nice Soldiers Grade come in after 10 weeks (3/1 - 5/15).  Will get pics up shortly.
View Quote
Thank you, looking forward to it.

2/3 Officer Grade still waiting here..
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Posted this over on "the Files".

Very pleased. Distressing of the receiver and barrel in very nice correspondence to the rest of the kit.  And pretty much all the same tone of grey.  The grey phosphorous Izzy mags I have all look like they were issued for this rifle.   As expected the right side engraving does not have near the detail or legibility of an original but I was glad to have the lettering done nonetheless.

Shipping $25.  Comes in a generic Plano plastic rifle case with a cheap black web sling.  From pics I've seen I am far happier with this than an Officers' Grade.  In fact the detail that was taken to make this look like an authentic Battlefield pick up would almost have me willing to spend more on a Soldier  Grade.  I chose not to have a muzzle device.  This thing will lay nicely next to my grey parked Letterkenny Garand at the range.

Seriously this rifle looks like it was recently discovered preserved in the depths of some cave in the middle of the Sinai.

Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That stock battlefield engraving is awesome.

I think the "soldier grade" rifles are some of the neatest things anyone has made lately.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I have a while then on a 5/1 order.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 2:22:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Completely agree. If you're going to get a milsurp kit with milsurp stock and wood why would you have everything polished and fresh duracoated as though it was brand new.

The trench art is a plus. I've got some Yugo builds that have some trenchart from the Serbian conflict of the 90s. I consider it a privilege.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up my officer grade this past Friday. It looks great!  It was ordered on January 23.

The only issue that I have now is that I keep looking at the pictures that have been posted of the enlisted version and I want one of those as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked up my officer grade this past Friday. It looks great!  It was ordered on January 23.

The only issue that I have now is that I keep looking at the pictures that have been posted of the enlisted version and I want one of those as well.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Why can’t they offer a soldier grade with a threaded barrel and muzzle device?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
... she finally made it home!

Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why can’t they offer a soldier grade with a threaded barrel and muzzle device?
View Quote
I'm certain you can. But there will be an upcharge.  Call them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks great BUT . . . .    They didn't white-letter both sides of the rifle.  Scroll up to see my soldiers grade pics.  I beleive i'd be on the phone with them about that seeing as it was a $50 upcharge.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looks great BUT . . . .    They didn't white-letter both sides of the rifle.  Scroll up to see my soldiers grade pics.  I beleive i'd be on the phone with them about that seeing as it was a $50 upcharge.
View Quote
... yeah, I'll fill those in too, some day
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:14:41 AM EDT
[#14]
02/03 checking in.  hoping someday my rifle will appear and look as good as Winstons.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#15]
These look awesome! Have they been reliable for you guys? I've heard mixed views on dsa. Do I want this or a ptr?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered mine at the end of december and received it mid may.  Officers grade, put a few rounds through it, it fed ok when gas was adjusted right.  It shot way low, I've either got to grind down the front site or replace it, it is screwed in as far as it goes.  Wood is definitely well used but it also included plastic furniture set.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Still hanging on for February 3rd officers grade.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Ordered Officers Grade May 1st. So I have time to dave up pocket change for another gun before this comes in.

I just hope Illinois doesnt pass something stupid before it ships. I guess I just have them shio it to my new state.

I've all ready sold 11 of my 13 properties.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
when i called a week ago they gave up on giving me an eta for feb 3 officers grade.  the wait is
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
when i called a week ago they gave up on giving me an eta for feb 3 officers grade.  the wait is
View Quote
... that's bullshit, six months?
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
... that's bullshit, six months?
View Quote
Damn near.  I have have had form 4s go through faster.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#23]
So the quality on these are really high? I was told to avoid DSA due to cast receivers... which these are... correct? Guess they're done well overall so no real worries?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So the quality on these are really high? I was told to avoid DSA due to cast receivers... which these are... correct? Guess they're done well overall so no real worries?
View Quote
Mine looks great, I did have to take a lot off the front sight to get it to zero correctly which I saw some others had issues as well.  was hovering around 2" at 50 yards with federal xm80 ball.  Function was fine once i got the gas adjusted where it liked it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm still waiting on my officer grade order from 2/17.    Last time I called 3 weeks ago they said there were some delays while they got another shipment of barrels from their supplier.    However, they said they had finally got those and mine was in the process of being built.   So hopefully, I'll get it it sometime soon.  They really should change the estimated wait time on their order page,  doesn't seem accurate at all from what I've seen.    At least they don't charge in advance before shipping, and I've got other FAL's to enjoy in the mean time while I'm waiting.

I'm also waiting on them to get the receivers back in.   I bought a second kit from Apex, so I need something to build that one with.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#26]
" />

" />
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
My Feb 15 Officer-grade arrived at my FFL yesterday.

Absolutely beautiful rifle.  Very much worth the wait.  Compared to my 18" Para Voyager, the trigger is a lot crisper and the magazine well fits a wider variety of magazines better.  Action is smooth.  It handles nicely for being such a huge musket.  DSA really did a great job on these.

Potato pic with bad lighting... Pretty much like all my EE ad posts.

I really like the white color fill some of you have done.  I'll have to give that a shot.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Ordered mine May 1st. Got a call, said it was ready Nov 1st. Ill finally grt time to pick it up Saturday.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What’s the difference between a standard FAL and a Israeli fal?
View Quote
In terms of actual use, not much really.

The Israeli versions had different handguards, different safety / selector, some versions had the forward assist cocking handle.  
As has also been stated, some had bare muzzle, and some had flash suppressors.

The barrel had different threads, and the stocks had different but plates as I recall.

The sights were also different, and had a higher line of sight too, I believe.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't speak for the quality of the DSA Israeli rifles, but my para is fine.  The cast receivers are fine.  Most don't want to admit it,
buit FN made cast receiver rifles as well for the civilian sporting market.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#31]
On the DSA website it says they are no longer taking orders for these.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
On the DSA website it says they are no longer taking orders for these.
View Quote
They have not taken orders for over a month. Not sure if its too catch up or out of kits.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread, but can anyone tell me what the each version of this rifle originally sold for?

How has the accuracy and function been?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread, but can anyone tell me what the each version of this rifle originally sold for?

How has the accuracy and function been?
View Quote
$1600 for officers grade.  Accuracy on mine is atrocious (6 MOA).  Bore scope in barrel looks terrible and headspace is way long.  DSA customer service told me this was acceptable and within spec (5 to 7 MOA) and that I should consider a trigger job to improve the accuracy.  I would use caution in picking up a used one.  You may be buying one as terrible as mine is.  Function has been 100%, however....
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

$1600 for officers grade.  Accuracy on mine is atrocious (6 MOA).  Bore scope in barrel looks terrible and headspace is way long.  DSA customer service told me this was acceptable and within spec (5 to 7 MOA) and that I should consider a trigger job to improve the accuracy.  I would use caution in picking up a used one.  You may be buying one as terrible as mine is.  Function has been 100%, however....
View Quote
I've read some buyers were disappointed in their accuracy, that's why I asked.

I love the looks of those rifles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've read some buyers were disappointed in their accuracy, that's why I asked.

I love the looks of those rifles.
View Quote
I am working on correcting the headspace issue myself and did run tubbs final finish to attempt to polish the defects left by the trashcan button that was used when the barrel was made.  My reloads after the cases stretched did improve accuracy to right at 2 MOA with 175 SMK.  So I am expecting once the headspace is done M80 type should be in the 3 to 4 range where it should be. But again, I am on my own because DSA considers these things acceptable.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

DSA considers these things acceptable.
View Quote
They would be the only ones.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Everywhere appears to be sold out.  Anyone have an inside information on when more of the Officer Grade versions will be available?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I know where there are 9.  Rifle Gear in Plano Texas ordered 10 last year and only received them last week.  I had been looking for one of these as well.  I think DSA is only filling orders that had previously been placed.  They are at the bottom of the barrel.  I had them look thru half of the guns they had received (all Officer Grade).  The wood on the ones they received is much darker than most pictured here and that I have seen elsewhere.  At first I didn't like it, but it kinda grew on me.  I did get one.  Their price is $1699.  DSA also seems to be totally out of the Israeli metal mags as all of the ones that Rifle Gear received came with Moses mags.  Oh well, I can find some Izzy FAL mags.

Here's the one I bought yesterday.  I know that Rifle Gear has a website so maybe they will ship?

Quoted:
Everywhere appears to be sold out.  Anyone have an inside information on when more of the Officer Grade versions will be available?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank you for the heads up on where to find some more of these rifles.  I hope DSA hasn't run out of parts kits and we will see more in the future.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m glad to hear they are still filling orders. I have one on back order at Brownells from October. I’ve considered ordering one elsewhere as I’m concerned I’ll never see it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#42]
They seem to sell quick.  I was back in RIflegear this past weekend and they didn't have one on their shelves anymore and they show out of stock on their website.  I wish they'd get some soldier grades in as I wouldn't mind having one of those too.

Earl
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top