Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:42:42 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can find a list of parts I will need to build a FAL and tools I will need? Also, if  I order an upper receiver from DSA, does that come with all of the internals?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can find a list of parts I will need to build a FAL and tools I will need? Also, if  I order an upper receiver from DSA, does that come with all of the internals?

Falfiles.com

Never got one from DSA but I'g guess you'd need the mag release lever and bolt hold open lever/springs/screw.

A kit plus an upper receiver should provide you will all the parts (except the US made replacements).
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Upper receiver from any manufacture will only be the receiver.  The other parts will usually be in the kit, but some will have to be replaced with US made parts.

As far as tools go, you need a barrel vise, a receiver wrench, headspace gauge set (Forster or Clymer) a pin gauge set to set headspace, various hand tools & of course the "must have" buttstock tool & extractor tool.

Receiver wrenches go from around $40.00-$70.00, barrel vise from $75-$250.00  Headspace gauges "Go & No-Go" should run about $50.00 for the set (don't mix & match, get one manufacturer they are different)  The other tools will run between $75-150.00

Parts to change to US made........... only need to change 7 parts from list........

Charging handle,
Upper Receiver,
Furniture, (forearm, pistol grip, buttstock)
HTS,
Gas Piston,
Lower receiver,
Muzzle Device,
Mag followers/floorplates

Might be cheaper to just buy one after the investment in tools & US parts.  Definitely cheaper if you get expensive exotic wood furniture.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top