Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 4:50:42 PM EDT
I'm an AR M1A guy and a friend of mine ask me about a an R1A1 that he found at a local gun dealer. He said it was made by Century arms and the fit and finish was really good with plastic furniture on it. Selling price was around $750.
I'm somwhat familiar with the FNFAL, STG 58 and L1A1 but have never heard of an R1A1. Any information would be appreciated, such as is it any good and is it metric or inch pattern.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
R1A1 is a marketing name made up by Century Arms. R1A1 is really meaningless because Century put this designation on all of the F A L type rifles that they assembled and on the stripped receivers that they sold. Century also built metric and inch rifles on these receivers as well as rifles built with both types of parts.

$750 is too much money for any rifle built on a Century receiver. Simply because for the same money, one can buy a rifle built by DS Arms that comes with a warranty.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info., thats exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got one.  It definitely has some use.  I would guess a new one is probably only worth about $500.  Also, some of them have problems due to poor quality control.  Some work well (like mine), some don't.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine 'new' for $450.00 and that's around the same price range I've always seen 'em at.

Pretty much a hack job, most of the 'refinishing' appears to have been accomplished w/ a can
of black spray paint.

ETA: Does shoot every time.  Though I've heard others haven't been as lucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top