Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 3:17:31 AM EDT
What I would like to know is can you mount a Aimpoint on the handguards?
How easy is it to remove the handguards once they are installed?
Thanks
43E1P
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
yes you can.....and very easy just loosen the screws
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the exact size of those hex screws? I can't find a hex wrench that will fit them and I have a lot of hex wrenches laying around... none seem to be the right size.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What I would like to know is can you mount a Aimpoint on the handguards?
How easy is it to remove the handguards once they are installed?
Thanks
43E1P

Before I got a scope mount, I use to have a Aimpoint w/QRP mounted on the handguards.  As said before removal and installation is very easy.

Quoted:
What is the exact size of those hex screws? I can't find a hex wrench that will fit them and I have a lot of hex wrenches laying around... none seem to be the right size.

I use a 9/64 allen wrench.  The instructions that came with my handguards says "allen head 8-36 cap screws" and tools required says "9/64 allen wrench".
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]
So I guess the Interface does not free float the barrel. I have been trying to find out if it does.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
The DSA unit does not FF the barrel. It also requires the removal of the handguard cap. Most just cut them off, and if you change your mind DSA makes a two piece cap to replace it.
Grenadier Precision was/is going to produce a FAL version of their ARM-R railed handguard, which would FF the barrel, but so far thats only vaperware. I don't know if theirs use's the handguard cap or not.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out this on the FAL Files

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=156159

Look at post #14 by WEG and the rest.

I called Vandenberg to ask about his float system and going to get a DSA barrel and senf d it to him with one of the Imbel Recievers from DHW. I think I will also let him do a Brake for me.

Check out his web site.
Top Top