Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 3:27:08 AM EDT
IOR 4x24

DSA has these for $350.  Ive been thinking seriously about them for my FAL.  Right now its a toss up between it and an Aimpoint.  Ive already got an Aimpoint on my AR and am very happy with it.

Any body got any experience with the IOR?  How rugged is it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
IOR 4x24

DSA has these for $350.  Ive been thinking seriously about them for my FAL.  Right now its a toss up between it and an Aimpoint.  Ive already got an Aimpoint on my AR and am very happy with it.

Any body got any experience with the IOR?  How rugged is it?

IOR scopes are made in Romania with finest German Glass in the world. IOR scopes are considered some of the finest in the world. They are currently being used in Iraq and Afghanistan by our guys.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive read that there have been issue with service, if you ever have a problem.

They have a lifetime warranty, but from what I understand unless you live in Romania you cant get it fixed.  Im sure its a fine optic, but with my luck I'll get that 1 in 1000 that has a defect .
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:28:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ive read that there have been issue with service, if you ever have a problem.

They have a lifetime warranty, but from what I understand unless you live in Romania you cant get it fixed.  Im sure its a fine optic, but with my luck I'll get that 1 in 1000 that has a defect .

You won't have a problem with an IOR scope but if you do I know for a fact DSA will make good on it. I have longed for the very same optic, perhaps after Christmas. Only problem is......which FAL do I mount it to?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats easy...
a DSA SA 58  of course!

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thats easy...
a DSA SA 58  of course!

Absolutely. I mean, which one of my FALs??
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two with the Dragunov reticle. These are great scopes and rugged as hell. I had one rifle fall directly on the top turret once, and it didn't faze the scope at all. Awesome optics for the price. If you mount it on a standard FAL, remove the rear rubber eye tube from the scope and you can mount it with low rings close to the rear sight set at 200. You will never notice the rear sight when you look through it. I used the Millet 30mm low scope rings from Midway. They are adjustable for windage. It takes a bit of time to get the scope set for windage, but when you are done all you have to do is set the elevation. Read the instructions carefully. Oh yes, I also use the DSA scope mount. Other makes may be of a different height, so be careful there.
Regards, Willy
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks for all the info.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top