Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2003 7:24:45 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I tried asking this on FNFAL.com and got no reply I can use. So I'll try here.

I have a DSA carbine with a side sling mount on the front, and a side sling mount on the rear near the front of t he buttstock.

I'm looking for a simple sling that is comfortable so I don't have to hold the rifle if I'm not actively shooting it. And I want to be able to snap it on/off without threading canvas through eyelets and stuff.

Ideas?

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:11:07 PM EDT
Change the attachment points to a release type.

I have my front AR-15 sling post set up this way. It allows me to either use the stud to attach the sling, or pull the sling and install the bipod, then clip off on the post of the bipod.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1669&title=AR-15+FREE+FLOAT+SWIVEL+STUD
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:11:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:08:04 AM EDT
I haven't checked Brownells yet (will do in 5 m inutes) but here is a better picture of how the sling attachemtns are on this carbine. I don't think the FALFILES sling will work for me.

Also, I "really" want to be able to unsnap this sling, not unthread anything.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:09:39 AM EDT
I haven't checked Brownells yet (will do in 5 m inutes) but here is a better picture of how the sling attachemtns are on this carbine. I don't think the FALFILES sling will work for me.

Also, I "really" want to be able to unsnap this sling, not unthread anything.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:44:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 7:45:40 AM EDT by Dredd308]
I use the sling that came with my H&K SL8-1

Its a well designed sling. And it snaps right onto the X-stock D-ring, and front point.

$42.00 from H&K's web store
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:24:52 AM EDT
With the side sling attachment on your's, you need to use a sling for a para. That is where the rear swivel is on a para. I have the one DSA sells and it is slick. It has a quick release feature that goes from a carry to a firing position VERY quickly. The only thing I don't like is the carry position. I would prefer a more muzzle down mode.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 1:23:39 PM EDT by Dredd308]
Cliffy, that's basically the same as the H&K sling.

The H&K sling has a plastic buckle, to extend the rifle from a high ride position like in that pic.

I don't know how the snap sling connectes to the rifle, but the H&K sling has the metal j-snaps. (you can see them in the pic)

It might be the same.

Also, you can carry with the muzzle pointing down, either between your feet, or off to the side.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:50:13 PM EDT
Thanks. I think that might work. I'm gonna see if I can look at one in person before I decide. Hmmm, wonder if anyone in town carries this?

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:14:38 AM EDT
Jimmy, if it would help I could take some pics of my FAL with the sling attached. Close ups of the hardware etc.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:19:04 PM EDT
Dredd,

It would help. But actually, my main question is, can you "snap" it on and off without rethreading anything? I just want ease of use. I am not actually planning on doing anything "tactical" (hell, at my age tactical is sneaking up on the old lady).

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:52:43 AM EDT
Yes, you can "snap" it on and off. If you look at the pic I posted, you can see thosemetal hooks. They are spring loaded.

I'll take some pics this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:34:54 AM EDT
Dredd,

Thanks. Don't worry about photos. If you say it snaps on/off both ends good enough for me. I got one on order.

Jim
Top Top