Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 8:02:15 AM EDT
i went to a group build recently and i found out (as most of us did) that i did not have the right locking shoulder, no biggie, i found a guy that traded me for the LS i needed except...he got his and found out that his calipers measured a +.001 difference, which makes the one he sent me -.001.  so now i guess i have to order ANOTHER freakin LS! and wait ANOTHER week to get my FAL in working order.

@##$$ %%^ ^&&**()*&^%$# $%^&%$$ %^&&^ #$#$#@##@#@!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course i believe cliffy added .001 to your reading to allow for setback.  I don't allow for setback when i measure so that LS would be the right size IMO.

Just something to make you agonize a little.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
hey i just noticed we're tied!...or were tied.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i thought about.  i may go ahead and put it in.  so have you rechecked you headspace after a few hundred rounds?  any real change?

im not sure i can stand to wait another week.

did i mention this kit was bought way back when tapco had imbels for $99?  (give you an idea of how long this has been in the making.)
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
im winning!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
OK....

i just waded through a bunch of posts about headspace and setback over on the files. (and several heated debates)  and while reading the last one, the mailman showed up on my porch and plopped my LS on my doorstep.

heres what im gonna do...
from what i have read it seems that setback is really a preference, not exactly an issue of safety, so, ill skip the setback on THIS build, and i WILL add setback on the south african kit...then after both have been through about 1000 or so rounds i will recheck headspace on both.  if the imbel shows any signs of losing headspace ill replace the LS again and i will have solved the great setback mystery! (without the mystery machine and scoob no less...)

Oh and if i dont post any updates in the next day or two...you know what happened...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top