Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 8:37:20 AM EDT
I'm getting ready to build my first FAL. Starting with a G1 parts set, waiting on a Dan Coonan type 1 receiver to get here, I still have 2 US parts to add to make this a legal build.
Anyway, a local dealer brought over an L1A1 built on a metric Armscorp receiver that he has for sale, for me to look at, as I'd never even held one. He had never fired it, and was taking it to the range to test fire it.
As I was looking it over, I noticed the barrel was loose in the reciever. Turns out it was built in '95. He had sent the bbl and receiver off to a builder for assembly and headspace, and he assembled the rest.
We decided he probably shouldn't fire it in that condition. ;)

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
That's scary.  Its also not the first time I've heard something like that.  Any idea who the 'smith was?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked, and he told me, but we talked about several builders and I don't want to make a mistake and say the wrong one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top